7 weeks post-op. Trying not to get frustrated.

Sarah_Anne
on 7/25/11 8:16 am
I am 7 months out and have found that either I am losing sizes or weight but not both.  I just moved down from a 12 to a 10 and from a large to a medium.  I would rather lose a size than weight, because in the end its how your clothes fit you and not a number on the scale.  Check in about a week and I be you will see that what I say is true!
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Elizabeth N.
on 7/25/11 12:24 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Relax. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Most of that 35 pounds was water. Now your body is replenishing the water as you are, at the same time, starting to lose some fat. Things are changing, but it's not reflected on the scale. What an EXCELLENT reason to quit relying on the damned scale as a measure of progress, yes?

Shavonne P.
on 7/26/11 1:41 am
You're right Elizabeth.   Now that I think about it I when I had my RNY I didn't have a scale in my house until after I had lost 150 lbs.  I always waited until I went to see my nutritionist to see my weight for the "wow" factor.  Time to have someone hide it from me. 
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Elizabeth N.
on 7/26/11 1:54 am - Burlington County, NJ
How about getting rid of the damned thing yourself instead? Think about how EMPOWERING that is, taking control of your mind away from a fricking notoriously inaccurate machine .

Shavonne P.
on 7/26/11 2:30 am
this is true!
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
sarah141
on 7/25/11 1:20 pm - Fort Bragg, CA
Stay off the scale!  Remember, you've just lost 35 lbs in a month, that is amazing! Your body needs time to adjust.  Congratulations!
 - Sarah    (Don't tell anyone I'm a secret ninja warrior!)
Visit: ThugRadio.Net, twitter.com/ThugRadio, sarah-anderson.artistwebsites.com/

Shavonne P.
on 7/26/11 1:42 am

This is true, and thank you! :)

MarciRenee
on 7/25/11 8:55 pm - IA
That is an average of .74 pounds A DAY.  Are you seriously complaining about that?  When in your life did you EVER lose weight that fast knowing that you WILL keep it off?  Doesn't your body deserve a bit of a break for all that hard work?

And for love's sake you are NOT in a stall...you are hardly even far enough out to be IN a stall.  A true stall is no weight loss OR inches lost for 6 weeks or more (I THINK that is the right number of weeks).  Take your measurements and keep doing what you need to be doing.  You DS will do its thing and you will drop the weight. 
Marci       
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 11:30 pm
Momma "like"s!
teachmid
on 7/25/11 10:49 pm - OKC, OK
Hang in there, Shavonne. I remember feeling and saying the same thing and feeling like I was going to be a famous DS failure.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 422 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 867 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 278 views