4 weeks post op - what to eat?

rubytica
on 7/26/11 3:45 am - GA
I am 4 weeks post op and I am doing the soft "mushy" diet.  I eat scrambled egg with cheese daily for breakfast and tuna for lunch, greek yogurt for snack but I am getting bored of the same food and I was wondering if you can give me recipe or ideas to add variety to this diet.
My Dr's instruction is to stay on this diet for 3 -4 weeks and start solids when I feel like it.  When did you start to add solids?  What type of solids should I add first? I am dying to eat a fresh salad but my Dr. said to wait for raw vegetable and fruit till the end.

Thanks
Ruby
Renee2007
on 7/26/11 4:07 am - Central, FL
 Cottage cheese, ricotta chess fluff (mixed with SF pudding, half & half, splenda) or savory baked in the oven and add a little marinara sauce. Tomato soup with a lot of shredded cheese and a can of crab added, makes like a crab bisque.  Refried beans topped with cheese. Egg salad, chicken salad loaded with mayo.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

rubytica
on 7/26/11 4:27 am - GA
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will try these food.
DianaRR
on 7/26/11 4:48 am - CA
My doctor let me start adding foods 1 week out. I'm in the same boat as you are, trying to figure out what to eat.

I found that lowfat chicken and apple sausage went well. Sweet potato, well cooked, was very good, too. I tried just plain cooked chicken breast and it was ok, but it is a bit dry.

I suppose you are already eating tomato soup (made with lactaid), which is very good.

The refried beans with cheese are very good., too.

I also just love cheddar cheese chopped up into little bits, about an ounce at a time.
rubytica
on 7/26/11 5:00 am - GA
When did your doctor tell you to add solid foods? 
BBoop
on 7/26/11 10:05 am
Everything the other posters have said plus a grilled cheese...now I only use on piece of low carb bread and two slices of the (yes I know) sliced American Cheese...it melts well and for some reason I could eat this early out.  Fried eggs, sausage, bacon...lots of bacon, although not at one time.  Chew it well and it sure is good.

I also ate SF Jello with whipped cream.  Jello became my bestest friend.  I contined to eat Won Ton soup and I took off the won ton wrapper and had the insides which was pork.  It all went down well. 

I've tried to like dark meat chicken but I just don't.  So be sure to have something to dip it in such as ranch dressing or smother it in cream of mushroom soup.  Anything to help you get it down.  You can try some mashed potatoes but slather them in butter, sour cream and cheese.  Don't eat a lot cause they are carby.

Some of the food you eat now will be a little bit higher in carbs but since you won't be eating that much of it...go ahead and try it.  You can learn to delete the carby stuff later.  Just stay away from white stuff...bread, rice (I still don't eat rice) and sugar. 

Good luck,
B

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 373 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 824 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views