why is it that as soon as you try to do something for yourself, everything else goes to ****e!

honeybadger 11
on 7/28/11 5:47 am - FL

This is just a vent minute so its a little long:) 

So as most of you know i FINALLY stopped trying to make the lapband work and decided to move onto a proven WLS:)

So with all the poking and prodding ive gone thru, even after insurance, the dr appts, egd, cardio clearance, sleep study, chest xray, psych, NUT, surgeons fee, etc has cost me close to $1800 just this month and im not even done yet! 

Then theres protein, vitamins and storage cases, OH MY!!! 

Now granted i would pay outta pocket, if necessary, for this procedure because i NEED it:) So ive taken all these bills in stride until...

This week my hubby suplexed himself onto the ground (yes you can laugh, in 9yrs that boy has never fallen down and the one time he does he really eats it! HAHA) and broke is last pair of glasses so now off to the eye glass shop!

Also, he thinks there is a sinkhole starting in our front yard so im to call the utilites dept because our water line does happen to run RIGHT where to hole is...i keep reassuring him that its just from where an old tree was taken out but it does look pretty bad:(

I know others have it MUCH worse than me but i just had to get my frustrations out for a minute! It really does seem that once you decide to do something for yourself everything else goes to ****e!

On a good note:) I spoke with Dr. Smith on Wed and he doesnt seem to think there wont be any problem with doing the lapband revision to DS in one surgery and he didnt ask me to lose any weight (I plan on trying but was worried if he set a certain wt it would delay my surgery) Im leery to change my surgeon until i get insurance approval...never count your eggs until they are in the basket is what i always say:)

Thank you to everyone for their continued support and for listening, this is a great place and we all are so fortuante!! jen

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

beemerbeeper
on 7/28/11 5:54 am - AL
That's called life.  At least in my personal experience.

Sorry for all that you are enduring but keep your eyes on the prize.

~Becky

honeybadger 11
on 7/28/11 6:05 am - FL

Thanks Becky:) Yes, darn life always getting in the way! haha

I definitely am keeping my eye on the prize for sure!!! Thanks for the encouragement:) jen

~Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 9:23 am
 Sorry to hear about the bottom less pit things turn into sometimes.
But I hear you. 
For your sake double check with his office that they don't require something like weight loss, or a diet or something. 
DH was ready with everything at one point, or so he thought, and suddenly they told him, oh sorry but you need to go on a doctor supervised diet for 3 month.
Also, if you don't have it in writing double check.
Dr. Smith office now has held up on sending his files to the new doctor. For almost a month now we've been sending, faxing and e-mailing the transfer authorization form, but they either can't find it, sorry it didn't get here etc. We faxed it again, they finally after many phone calls they told us ohh, yes it got here. checked with the new surgeon..... they still only faxed worthless stuff, none of the things, like clearances from about 5-6 different doctors.
It's a pain in the a**. 
So, just stay on top of them and your stuff, I would not take their word for anything.

I do hope things go smoothly for you.

MarciRenee
on 7/28/11 8:40 pm - IA
I think, at this point, I'd be at least threatening them with a report on this as a HIPPA violation.  They are HIS records to do with as he sees fit.

Maybe getting a personal copy sent to you, while you WOULD have to pay to have it made, would work better??  That is what I did...that way I KNEW when and where they were.
Marci       
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 1:00 pm
 Thanks Marci for the post. Dr. Steward office is helping us, Heather, that handles that now at Dr. Stewards told us that once Smiths office told us that they got the fax with the release they have 2 weeks to comply according to law.

She told us she is calling Smiths office to find out what the problem seems to be, so she is really helping us. So we need to give Smith a few more days before we can raise hell with them. 

The personal copy is a great idea though, it would be worth it.

Thanks for the idea, I had not thought of it.

honeybadger 11
on 7/30/11 3:52 am - FL

Oh inge, im sorry to hear about everything you and your hubby are going thru:( my insurance requires 6 month supervised dieting but not necessarily doctor and i have a ton of history so hopefully that will be enough. Ugh, sometimes i feel like my "check list" is never gonna end!

I usually try to get copies of the testing/clearances ive done or make sure my PCP has it because im sure not gonna rely on Dr. Smith's office if everything goes south on me (which im sure you've done also but sometimes you cant get everything)!! Who has your hubby decided to go to instead? did you tell me that already? if you did, sorry:( i like to keep tabs on everyone that has changed surgeons, just in case!

swinging chickens that everything comes thru for your hubby soon! jen

~Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 12:53 pm
 Hi, we've decided to go with Dr. Steward in Denton, Texas. They are helping all they can, and in fact just Friday they where calling Dr. Smith to see what their problem is. The gal at Steward s told us that once they told us they received the fax they have 2 weeks by law to comply. So, we will see.
It's a real pain. 
But I do have to say that naturally that is not the Doctors fault, it's the staff.
StephOinAZ
on 7/28/11 5:58 pm
Oh Jen I totally know how you feel!  I have to pay part of my surgery out of pocket and first they told me one price, so I saved that up no problem.  Then they came back wanting more, had to bust my ass for that.  Then they came back saying I had to pay even MORE--long story short, they FINALLY got a final price for me but it's almost double what I was originally quoted.  Not neccessarily their fault, but it's been MORE than taxing on me :(  And I have school coming up at the end of August that I have to pay for, AND my insurance (pre-paid for 6 months) is due at the end of August and I literally am emptying my entire bank account PLUS some tomorrow...so yeah...I'm a bit stressed ATM!  But, like you...I know it will be worth it and these financial troubles will pass. And by the time I'll all caught up I'll be almost ready for new wardrobe shopping ;) LOL!  Keep your chin up girlie
honeybadger 11
on 7/30/11 4:03 am - FL

Thanks steph! I think you are in a BIGGER money boat than i am at the moment!!! I just really wasnt prepared for all the out of pocket money, idk about you but with the lapband my insurance covered all the preop testing so it has been quite a surprise when all the bills started rolling in! And to think, like you, i might have to pay to have the darn band removed!!

And the topper on the cake is that our computer got some crazy virus and we had to buy a new one this week! Reallly all i can do is laugh:) haha

Thanks again, its stinks that we both are feeling the money crunch but it makes me feel better that im not the only one:)

~Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 387 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 842 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 274 views