10.5 months first REAL stall

scoob
on 7/29/11 1:15 am - Somerset, KY
Have been at 215 for 4 weeks. And damnit, when it bounces it bounces UP, usually 216 to 217. Not really freaking out about it, just pissed. I so wanted to be in the ones at 12 months. Still possible but unlikely. I can't  do some of the stall busters I've heard of. All white flour gives me horrid horrid gas. I eat enough protein to choke a horse. Maybe I need to visit KFC and get me some crispy chicken or a double down, if they still have those. I know, it's only been 4 weeks but it seems like a lifetime. I know I can ***** to you guys. Don't dare ***** to my family/friends. Guess maybe I should look at it from their point of view, hell you've lost 120 lbs, your body needs to take a break,lol. See, I have a voice of reason but when you're stuck between sizes, some fall off my ass others squeeze the life outta me, it sucks!! Yeah Yeah, I'm done *****in. Thanks for listening. Much LOVE

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Naked_Lizard
on 7/29/11 1:26 am - West Haven, UT
Awww, I am sending "GO AWAY STALL" vibes your way. I have been at a stall for about 3 or so months, and just this past 3 or so weeks have started losing again. Dont sweat it, your dong great. REMEMBER and I tell myself this too, that while your body is holding off on seeing the scale #'s go down, your STILL LOSING INCHES!! Your body needs this time for the inches to melt away and catch up. While I was in my stall, I watched my body shrink, even though the scale didnt move down (which I wanted so badly and it depressed me) I watched as my clothes got smaller, I bet if you watch your doing the same.
Your doing great, remember that, its a journy, so enjoy the ride, soon we'll both be at goal and wondering "Now what".
Toni
HW/298 ~ SW/285 ~ CW/161~ GW/140
OnederLand & Century Club - 11/29/2010

scoob
on 7/29/11 1:51 am - Somerset, KY
I am losing inches. I've lost almost 80 inches total. That is awesome!!!!! So glad I measured pre op. It's fun to measure every month! Thanks for the encouraging words, much appreicated! BTW, I can't wait for the  "Now what" part of this journey!! HUGS

Ruby

a_new_mii
on 7/29/11 1:47 am, edited 7/29/11 3:37 am - AZ
 Stalls SUCK!!! I'm sorry.  It will break.  120 lbs is an amazing feat!  give yourself a pat on the back and Hang in there.  You will start losing again.  In the mean time.........

{{{}}} HUGS!!
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

scoob
on 7/29/11 1:52 am - Somerset, KY
Love Love LOVE this Ginger!!!!! I literally belly laughed out loud when I seen that pic. I so needed that! Thanks girl! You have some of the cutes pics in your replys!! You're always so supportive. Thank you so much!! HUGS

Ruby

Elizabeth N.
on 7/29/11 2:07 am - Burlington County, NJ
Ruby, honey, KNOCK OFF THE MIND GAMES!!!!! You're still a mere infant at this. You have all the time in the world, so stop putting yourself on a schedule. The only one putting any pressure on you is YOU.

Being stuck between sizes sucks, true. Hell, I'm stuck between sizes right now and it's looking like I just might stay that way. So I empathize.

Here's something I wrote to someone last night:

Post Date: 7/28/11 9:41 pm
I'm sure you've read many posts where I've said how anti-scale I am. So I can't tell you about a length of "stall." But I'd like to give you my long term weight loss stats for comparison purposes.

I had 240 pounds to lose. I lost about 45 pounds, or almost 20% of my excess weight, in six weeks. It took just over four months to lose the first 100 pounds, or 40%. At one year, it was 185 pounds or 77%.

It took two years and two months to lose 100% of my excess weight. This averaged out to....are you ready?..... two pounds per week or EXACTLY what the so-called experts say is a "healthy" rate of weight loss.

I am in week 222 post op. So now, pushing five years out, my rate of weight loss STILL exceeds a pound a week.

You need to chill and stay the hell OFF the scale.

scoob
on 7/29/11 2:50 am - Somerset, KY
I Love you, EN!! You tell it like it is. I know I've done great so far and expect to work my DS to the best of my ability. I was 25% EWL at 3 months, 51% at 6 months. I have always been my own worst critic. Hard to break that cycle. Getting better with theropy!! Thanks, Elizabeth! Much LOVE!

Ruby

sosoclark
on 7/29/11 3:26 am - Sacramento, CA
Thanks for posting that repost I needed to read that. I really want to put my scale way but I am scared if I do I might miss something...

sosoclark
on 7/29/11 3:14 am - Sacramento, CA
I hear ya but try to find something else to look at like inches!! From what I was told your body slows down so it can catch up well I am praying mine can handle both. You will make your goal you have done very well so just sit back and let it happen. I wish I was 215 pounds LOL!!!

Take care,

Sophia

Chad M.
on 7/29/11 4:47 am - Indianapolis, IN
Stalls do happen but I'm still slowly losing at almost 20 months out. Hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 668 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1000 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views