Plateau at 6 weeks

dleblanc1968
on 8/8/11 5:12 am - Lake Arthur , LA
I am 6 wks post op DS today. I have stalled at 35 lbs for 3 weeks now.  Is that normal?  I am getting about 50 grams of protein and unlike most everyone else, I NEVER experienced naseau, vomitting or discomfort in eatting anything.  I can eat 3-4 oz at a time without issues.  I am HUNGRY ALL THE TIME.  I'm watching my carbs and eat appx 6-8 times per day, protein focused. I almost feel like something is just not right.   Looking for input from anyone...

pycca
on 8/8/11 5:29 am - Haslet, TX
Plateau's are if you have "stalled",,,,, more than 6 weeks, some of us stall for 3 to 6 months Your body is in a rest period,,

Stay off the scale,,, only  once a month, you will drive yourself CRAZY !! LOL

1. your still healing,, can take up to 4 to 6 months for your body to finish.

2 You are  early out, if your hungry, eat protein, nothing wrong with munching on that !! cheese, meat, eggs, yogurt,  Egg salad,chicken salad, tuna salad, peanuts if you can or peanut butter, natural kind low carb

3. as you loose  the body  has to have time to get used to you loosing, and it may be you are loosing inches instead of weight,, compare your measurments...

Hang in there!
Elizabeth N.
on 8/8/11 6:23 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yes, it's normal. If you're hungry eat protein. You have lost something like 30% of your excess body weight and are at an average of almost 6 pounds per week lost. Your body WILL take breaks. Relax and keep doing your thing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 361 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views