Anyone with truly unfortunate thighs looking for a swimsuit?

AllieInOntario
on 8/14/11 7:38 am
You folks come up with the bestest ideas!!!!!
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Blank Out
on 8/14/11 7:45 am
 Have you considered a surfer short sleeve and short legged wet suit?  I think in California, they call them summer suits.  Super cute and very cool.  Here is a link:

http://ripcurl.com/index.php?id=876,0,0,1,0,0

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Anna G.
on 8/14/11 8:06 am
I have that sort of suit for indoor water exercise, but it seems like it would be too hot for 100 degree weather outdoors. I know the beaches are cooler in California but I've never tried wearing it to our beaches. It's perfect for the gym though.

* Gail R *
on 8/14/11 8:18 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I wear a wrap around skirt over my suit and drop it just before going into the water. I get it back on as soon as I get out. I would love a leg lift but I'm scared. When young I was a big legged woman, now I am chicken-legged with huge amounts of extra skin. Oh well, I am delighted to be healthy.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

shannn
on 8/14/11 9:04 am - Knoxville , TN
I bought my swimsuits from athleta and I love them! I hate the way dresses ride up when I swim in them so mine are shorts but they're long. The website is athleta.com (they're owned by old navy/gap).
~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

KathyA999
on 8/14/11 9:15 am
What a coincidence, I was at a spa yesterday, and a woman had one of these on - skirt that went to her knees.  As I recall, the swimsuit was formfitting to the waist (not empire style) and then had an a-line skirt that fell to her knees.  I watched as she got out of the pool, the skirt must have been made of some slightly stiffer material because it didn't cling or bunch around her legs - just kept its a-line shape.  She was a young-ish woman (30s? 40s?), and I thought she looked just fine.

My thighs, and everything else, especially upper arms, are bad also.  But I figure Oh well, and found a regular suit online that works for me.  If anyone stares, they deserve an eyeful of drapy skin, haha! and I hope it gives them nightmares.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

* Gail R *
on 8/14/11 11:13 am - SF Bay Area, CA
If anyone stares, I hope it gives them nightmares. LOL

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Julie R.
on 8/14/11 10:14 am - Ludington, MI
 I have the same problem, and I wanted to buy a tankini top and swim mini.  I could NOT for the life of me find one small enough in my area, and didn't want to spend the money on one at Land's End, as we were saving for my son's wedding in Montana.

I bought one of those little athletic skorts from Target (I think they are made by Champion) in black, then found a cute little tankini top that was white, with a black and multi print.  Got it on sale for $15 too.   The skorts are quick dry fabric, just like a swim suit.   It looks really cute with the skort, and the skort's just long enough that it covers my thighs.  It probably comes about three inches above the knee.  For some odd reason, my husband goes ga-ga when I wear it, LOL.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

nightowl
on 8/14/11 1:35 pm - Topeka, KS
Some months ago I bought a new two-piece swimming suit from the Plus part of Fashion Bug, that had a pretty long skirt.  I found one similar while looking online just now, but I can't figure out how to cut & paste the looong URL, but it was the top hit when I did a Yahoo search to make sure, under "Fashion Bug" and "Mosaic Skirtini Swimsuit."  (It looks like that model is only left in sizes 18W and 20W, but there are other similar suits they offer.)
J G.
on 8/14/11 3:12 pm
I went to Sear express and bought these for $5 (on sale) in the mens department.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_041K0850000P?prdNo= 1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

They had them in a bunch of colors.  They're a firm nylon fabric.  Cut out the inner mesh shorts.  I wear them over my regular tank style suit thats in a bold tropical print. And for the batwings I wear a very thin mens white v-neck T-shirt.  The bold print shows through (especially when wet.)  It hit me one day that alot of people wear white t-shirts over their swim suits to block the sun.

Also at Sears I found a black swim skirt which I bought in a size larger than I needed so that I can wear it low on my hips so it goes down further on the thighs.  Yay!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 322 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 260 views