Please bear with me-AW with my real-life switch sister

elixir
on 8/13/11 7:06 am - MI
Great pic! You both look beautiful. I can hardly wait to take family pics again. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

kirmy
on 8/13/11 7:58 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
HOTTIES!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 8:07 am
You two are beautiful!!!
michelehei
on 8/13/11 8:18 am
 The two of you look fabulous and I love those outfits!  Congratualtions on your successful DS journeys.  Happy to know that your sister is doing well now.  Thanks for sharing the lovely photo!
I am really getting nervous about my upcoming revision to the DS and when I see two success stories like this it gives me hope.  So thanks again!
nightowl
on 8/13/11 9:24 am - Topeka, KS
Very beautiful, both of you!  And I'm glad she is recovered and now you can both love your DSes.
lwoznick
on 8/13/11 9:32 am - Green Bay, WI
Wow! You both look stunning! I'm so glad to hear your sister survived all of her complications and that you are both healthy and happy now!
zuzupetals2u2
on 8/13/11 10:22 am - Sedona, AZ
great pictures and I do love that dress? Are you kidding me tho -- that is the $20 TJM dress?? WOW

my sister says she will NEVER have the DS tho she is 350 pounds and hardly getting around. I do try to talk to her but it is like talking to a brick wall. She thinks she knows it all and being a VEGAN eating raw foods is the only way she will do it. Of course she doesn't and is distracted by meat and ice cream, etc etc.

she is also 5 inches taller than me so it made me think maybe someday we could have that kind of picture too but I am sure she is too stubborn to change her mind. Did you have to pursuade your sister in any way??

You are both beautiful girls! (epecially you)

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Julie R.
on 8/13/11 12:16 pm - Ludington, MI
 Nope, no persuasion.     At first she did not want me to have WLS, because she felt of anyone in the family, I had been the most successful in the past (lost and regained a hundred pounds a couple of times) and she was afraid that WLS was too drastic.   Then after she saw me losing weight, she said she didn't know if she could ever live without "eating a hot dog bun or an eclair again," LOL.   Once she saw my diet normalize, I think she started researching WLS herself.    I never pushed any one surgery on her, and she came to the conclusion that she wanted the DS on her own.   She used a different surgeon than I did though.   And wouldn't you know it - she's the lucky one.....eclairs and hot dog buns do not give her gas, only me, LOL.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Janine P.
on 8/13/11 11:43 am - Long Island, NY
Absolutely gorgeous.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Nurse N.
on 8/13/11 12:16 pm
Like you were,  I am also camera shy! Isn't it just lovely to be able to stand next to your sister after such great success with your weight loss?!?!?! So happy for both of you and you two are both absolutely beautiful!

Nika

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views