Where is John Harrington???

RhondaDenise
on 8/23/11 8:56 am - Crossville, TN
Has anyone heard from or seen John?

Would love to know how he is doing, been awhile since I have talked to him.

As far as I can tell no longer on Facebook.

Rhonda

k9ophile
on 8/23/11 9:06 am
Good question!  I don't know if the Nashville DS group meets anymore.  If you do find him, tell him I said "Hi!".

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

RhondaDenise
on 8/23/11 9:14 am - Crossville, TN
I haven't seen or heard anything at all.

I noticed today that he is no longer on facebook, that had me a little concerned.

And your right, I don't know if the Nash group meets or not anymore.

We will have to try and get everyone else together.

How are you doing?

k9ophile
on 8/23/11 10:03 am
I'm doing OK.   Knee surgery is not for sissies!  One good thing:  I was becoming a carb guzzling monster and gained 10 pounds.  Since my knee surgery, I have pushed the protein for better healing and not had the access to carbs like I did before.  I lost that 10 pounds!  Gotta love the DS!

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

jharrington8172
on 8/25/11 5:51 am - Hermitage, TN
Hey Rhonda - I am still around and doing well... just been real busy with work and living life as a skinny normal person.     I did delete my facebook this week as I hardly every used it and saw no need to keep it going.    Dr. Houston actually called me today because I had to reschedule my 2 1/2 year appointment and he wanted to make sure I was doing ok.  

As some of you know I was running two DS support groups (one in Cookeville and one in Nashville) but the turnout was so low and I think part of that is due to after a while - DSer's are like normal people and we don't struggle with our weight and we don't need as much support as someone with the RNY.  So needless to say both of these groups were cancelled becasue of lack of interest.    This has made some free time for me and I have joined a bowling league and a volleyball league and stay pretty busy with work.

Just as an FYI for everyone - I had my surgery on 02/24/2009 (2 1/2 years ago yesterday).   I started this journey in January 2009 weighing 480 pounds and wearing a 6X top and 62 inch waist.   I am now hovering in the 180's (I am 6 ft 2) and wear a 33 inch waist and a M or L top.   I eat what I want when I want... I have some gas issues but it is not painful so I keep on eating...LOL 

I am actually trying to get up to 192 or so just to see if my body will gain back that high (I never in a million years thought I would ever say that).  

If anyone wants to contact me I am always available by email [email protected] is the best way to contact me.

I can honestly say the DS changed my life forever and I would not change one thing about it.  

480/435/180/230
HW/SW/CW/GW

Currently Looking into Plastics with Dr. Carden (in Mexico)

Angie K.
on 8/25/11 6:24 am - Murfreesboro, TN

John...glad to hear you are doing well.  Are you helping with the Smyrna group at all?  I haven't been but have wondered if you going.

RhondaDenise
on 8/26/11 12:56 am - Crossville, TN
Hey John,

So so glad to hear from you.  Yes, I was at Dr.Houstons office yesterday and asked him if he had seen you and told him that I had not seen or heard anything from you and he said well he did cancel his appt with me, let me go call him.  LOL

So he did and came out and told me you were fine but busy.  LOL

Glad to hear everything is going well.  We all really need to get together for lunch or dinner in cookeville, so we can all catch up. 

Keep in touch will ya, don't make me worry so.  LOL

Rhonda

Angie K.
on 8/25/11 6:17 am - Murfreesboro, TN
The Nashville group is not meeting anymore due to lack of interest.  We had our last meeting in April.  I haven't seen him since then.  I hope he's doing well too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 308 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views