POST OP DAY 4

michelehei
on 8/28/11 6:44 am
Hi Everyone,

I came back to the hotel today and I stay here until my Wednesday departure home.  Slowly but surely I am gaining strength.  My guts are still killing me when I move around but I believe that is to be expected after 5 hours of surgery.  Dr. Gagner says I have weird anatomy and there was lots of scar tissue from my VBG mesh band. 

RocklandMD is a beautiful facility.  They kept me an extra day because of my pain and slow recovery.
Dr. Gager is the best.  He expalins things slowly and carefully.  I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

So now I am drinking G2.  They gave me that yesterday in the hospital and then today when hubby went to fill prescriptions he bought me more.  I also have tea and broth and protein drinks in the room.
I'm afraid to start with the protein it seems too thick right now.

So...I asked Dr. Gagner to customize my cc. because my BMI is 32.  He had no problem with that and he originally going in was going to do 150 cc.  Then after he got in there he had to modify because of my anatomy and he made my cc 250.  Is there anyone out there that has a 250 cc?  I would be curious to hear from you and see how you are doing.

I am going to take a few sips of my G2, take a walk, go to the bathroom and take a nap!
Thanks to everyone on this forum that has so graciously helped me out.
I will keep you posted on my progress.
What else should I be doing?
Kim
KarenFlorida
on 8/28/11 7:32 am - Orlando, FL
Glad to hear you're doing ok! The soreness will improve day by day. Keep hydrated- lots of sipping- and keep walking! It sounds like you're doing great!

I was unable to tolerate the Gatorade postop- it gave me watery diarrhea. Hopefully you can drink it no problem. I had to stick with water for a while.

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

hollyweasel
on 8/28/11 2:15 pm - MI
Glad to hear it went well. Rest and sip, it took me until day 7 to feel like myyself and not have a lot of pain. Get some good naps in!

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views