Anyone heard from Bean??(e******girl)

rbb825
on 9/2/11 4:37 pm - Suffern, NY
That is a huge drop in vitamin B1 level and that can definitely cause some of the problems you are having.   With it dropping at that rate, if you don't catch it quickly - you will become severely B1 deficient. I dont' know what the range is for your lab since my NUT does whole blood and that has a totally different range but either way you want to be at the top end of normal and not at the bottom.

When I was diagnosed early out with vitamin B1 deficiency, I was having terrible cramping in my feet and toes.  I had no other symptoms but I came up deficient.  I was put on 300mg of vitamin B1 daily and have had to take that ever since.  It brought my levels to top end of the range and they have stayed there ever since remaining on the 300mg.  I really recommend you take the high dose of vitamin B1 - there is no danger in a high level as it is like b12, you just pee out the excess but low levels can be very dangerous.

I also know from experience that you can have nerve problems with cervical disc problems whether bulging or herniate and especially if there is stenosis involved.  But if I remember correctly from your original post, you also had cognitve problems and that wouldnt' be from  your spine.

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 10:32 am
I'm so glad you posted, I've been worried sick about you!  Glad you're feeling better but sorry to hear about the spinal stenosis and degeneration.  Are you following up with a good Ortho and Neuro?

So glad you're okay!!!
Mommy2006
on 9/2/11 10:43 am
Sorry to hear about the troubles! Glad things seem to be looking better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 422 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 867 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 278 views