Sprouted whole grain flourless bread?

galla1
on 9/12/11 4:01 am
Is this an option for a DSer? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!
Fran-I Am
on 9/12/11 4:13 am
I was just looking at a sprouted flourless whole grain bread by a company that started with an "E". It had 15 carbs per slice and only 3 fiber grams. I was looking while in Kroger for things that will, eventually, be for me. Just seemed high in the carb department to me. I am sure a vet will pop in and comment to give us the answer.

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/12/11 4:19 am, edited 9/12/11 4:38 am - Tuvalu

Ezekial breads?  I think they're made by "Food for Life."  They have a website.  Julie R just posted about a local--to her--bakery that does flour-free breads.  Some people like Julian but they are WAY expensive and I haven't found anything that I cared for enough to justify the cost.
Fran-I Am
on 9/12/11 4:25 am
That's it! Ezekial. I believe it was $5.99 a loaf.

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 5:41 am - Lancaster, OH
Hey, neighbor!
If you get in to Columbus at all, the Trader Joe's at Easton sells it for WAY LESS than Kroger's. (Like $3 something)     I buy it and freeze it.
Fran-I Am
on 9/12/11 6:50 am
Hey you! I didn't even realize we had one so close. Thank you! Guess where I am going to go.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/12/11 4:17 am - Tuvalu

I have to go in that direction, but it isn't as low carb as some wheat flour based breads.

elixir
on 9/12/11 5:19 am - MI
I eat Ezekiel bread twice a week. Once with PB&J and once with deli slices of meat (ham or roast beef) and cheese. Of course, I can only eat half a sandwich and I usually pull the crust off and feed it to the dog. I'm lowering the carbs by sharing w/my pup-pup. (He also gets to eat scraps of steak, chicken and shrimp that I can't finish. He loves low-carb.)

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

galla1
on 9/12/11 5:57 am
Thank you for the input..I will check it out.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/12/11 7:01 am
I read posts here multiple times about Julian bread, and finally found some near me. there are only 3 net carbs (lots of fiber, lots of protein). I bought the low carb, the sourdough, and the cinnamon raisin (all still pretty low carb).

I paid 5.99 a loaf, which I thought was high until I ate some. The first yummy low carb/high protein bread I've found. They have gluten free which is good for hubby, so I'm  one happy camper. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 361 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views