OMG...Stephanie was from my city

dawn199
on 9/24/11 7:43 am
I received a call from a friend today telling me to look in our local news paper because someone had passed away from bariatric surgery.  So I did and there was Stephanie's picture.  She lived here during her teens as she graduated from the local high school.  They had a memorial service on the beach this morning at 10am in Mukilteo Wa .  If I had seen the paper earlier I would have been there.  I was already planning on taking my kids there today.  It made me realize truly what a small world it is and even though we live thousands of miles away from each other, we are closer then we some times realize.  Made me very sad all over again.  

MARTINA P.
on 9/24/11 7:54 am - ROCKMART, GA
 May I ask what was the cause of her death, how long ago did she have surgery.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

dawn199
on 9/24/11 8:27 am
I don't know a lot, others know more.  Stephanie was a band to DS revision.  She passed away Aug. 13.  I believe it was day after surgery.  She use a non-vetted surgeon.  She was only 26.  That is why if someone posts about using a non-vetted surgeon they will be pounced on.  Not to be mean but because they don't want you to die!!!!  The vets on this site have seen it many times and are trying to prevent another death.  There have been many horror stories posted here because of choosing a bad surgeon. 
MARTINA P.
on 9/24/11 8:31 am - ROCKMART, GA
 I had major complication and is still under treatment and thank GOD everyday that I am still alive.  My heart goes out to her family.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

dawn199
on 9/24/11 8:43 am
I am glad you are doing well.  God has a plan for you.

Lucy M.
on 9/25/11 1:12 am, edited 9/25/11 1:12 am - Conway, SC
I am so sorry to hear this news.

That is why I made sure to get me a vetted surgeon - I have double revision , RNY with band to DS with Dr. Rabkin. Everything went so well - no complications whatsoever.

It was a long surgery about 7 hours. He is magnificent and a godsend to us all.

Yes, the message is clear, people looking to have a revision - get thee a vetted and highly experienced surgeon. It is so worth the effort.

Thanks for sharing this news. So important for those who are thinking of and researching a revision.

Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 6:18 am - Beverly, NJ
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this isn't something we can discuss in a public forum at the moment. As a community we have been asked by family members to please avoid speaking about her situation. What is available about Stephanie's passing is available in newspapers.

Stephanie is sorely missed by all those that loved her. She was a close friend of mine and everyday I come on OH, blog, take my vitamins, make sure I'm drinking enough water, anything even close to DS related or not I think of her.

I want nothing more than to speak about what may have or may not have happened. Unfortunately that is not possible at this time.

Thank you for your understanding at this time. As soon as I am able to speak out about her passing this will most likely be the first place I come.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views