Insurance

dollyctimeforme
on 9/25/11 2:40 pm
Can anyone share with me which insurances in calif  cover the DS without a hassle?  Thanx Dolly
Yehuda G.
on 9/25/11 2:55 pm
Are you in need of a 1st cut or revision?

What insurance do you have? Your best bet is to contact the surgeons' office and ask if they take your insurance.

dollyctimeforme
on 9/25/11 3:11 pm
I have Foundation  insurance My husband had Blue Cross, I had theVS a year ago with the intention of doing the next step DS. My insurance covered a one time payment of 15,000 husbands payed the remainder.  My husband has  since retired due medical problems so no insurance I want to find a insurance company to take the place of my husbands. and I want one that covers the DS. Any advice? Thanks Dolly
Yehuda G.
on 9/25/11 3:19 pm
I'm sorry, but I don't have the best advice for you, particularly being that you are in need of a stage 2 surgery. I know there are others on here with more knowledge on this who will be able to advise you.

Best of luck to you:-)
nightowl
on 9/25/11 3:59 pm - Topeka, KS
If what you are referring to is wanting a health insurance policy that you can buy as an individual, that covers a revision to DS, I do not think you will be able to get such a thing.

I think you will face an uphill battle with any insurance that covers WLS.  It's probably going to get down to self-pay or looking for a different job for yourself, and investigating the insurance policy that employer chooses.
gak
on 9/26/11 2:24 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
It will be a challenge to pick one going backwards in the search for one. Be sure and pick one the lists that is covers WLS and note that most only cover it once in a lifetime, so it should not be one you have already used. They should show you the policy up front before purchase and with the list of docs on www.dsfacts.com you should b e able to cross reference. You also might have to travel for the second half.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 358 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 816 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views