assistance with Vitalady's schedule for DS'ers

jodic1966
on 10/17/11 7:34 am

I started Vitalady's schedule of vites this morning and my body is *not* liking it at all. My hubby also looked at all of it and said, "really??????". When they checked my levels pre surgery the only thing I was low on was D. Do I really need all the vites Vitalady suggests? I don't mind taking them but if they won't stay down that is another story!

HW 406 SW 376 CW 211 Surgeon's GW 170ish My GW 150ish

MajorMom
on 10/17/11 8:01 am - VA
First of all start them slowly. You don't need to try to take them all the first day you start. Try just the multies, calcium and D3. Add Vit A next week. Add K1 the next and so on. When you start to add the iron go very slowly with it. Add 1 capsule for a few days and then add the second and so on.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

clpeltz
on 10/17/11 8:38 am
Yes, go slowly.  It was a while before I was taking the whole shabang!  Now I can pop a handful of them with no problem.  You are still only a couple of weeks out so you are still dealing with swelling.  So like MajorMom said, start off slow and add as you are able.  You will eventually get them all in.  And, yes, you do need them all.  As you get your labs done at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months, you can adjust up or down as your labs tell you to!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

jodic1966
on 10/17/11 9:31 am
 I know I need supplements...I just went into it thinking ok..I gotta do all of these *now*  LOL  Glad I can start start off slowly My common sense just went on a vacation! 

HW 406 SW 376 CW 211 Surgeon's GW 170ish My GW 150ish

PlumFaerie
on 10/17/11 11:22 am
i thought the same thing and i'm a month out, my body was like - ***** stop taking 28 pills a day! i spoke to my np today and she told me the same thing (not the ***** part slow and steady - woot
elixir
on 10/17/11 2:08 pm - MI
I think I was around six weeks out when I started Vitalady's regimen. Until then I took Celebrate multi-adek & iron+c . Both were chewable. I had labs drawn at three months and everything was normal, except for my B-12 which was a bit high. He told me to skip a pill once or twice a week.. or cut down on the XS Energy drinks. I opted to skip a couple pills.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Larissa P.
on 10/18/11 2:53 am - Denton, TX
Take your time working up to the full schedule.

Like others will tell you, two years from now you'll pop down 6 capsules in one swallow without blinking an eye. It is second nature to me now.

BTW, capsules (shells full of powder) are much much more easy to swallow if you can get them. The only pill I take that is not a capsule is my iron (Proferrin), but those are extremely easy to take and aren't big.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
butercup
on 10/18/11 10:48 am - Kennewick, WA
Whoo, so glad you asked this question. I can't get mine down. I've got them all cut up and everything, but if they don't go down in the first two smallish swallows of water, it's stuck in my throat.

I'll scale it back.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 334 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views