Losing slowly

Patty Kake
on 10/26/11 6:30 am
I'm 6 weeks out of surgery and have hit a plateau already.  I've only lost 37 pounds since my pre-op visit a week before surgery.  I'm getting frustrated!  Why did I do this to myself!  I thought the weight would be coming off quicker than this.  My proteins most days are in the 60-80 grams and I usually get all of my water in.  I'm not hardly eating anything so what is the problem???? 

HELP!!!
Renfairewench
on 10/26/11 6:39 am
One....let's put some perspective on your weight loss. You have lost .88 pounds per day since your pre op visit.

Two...That makes your weight loss 6.17 pounds A WEEK!  How much freaking faster do you
want to lose?  Most people lose about 2 to 3 pounds a week.

Three...RELAX

Four:  Read this about Hibernation mode and what is going on with your body: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4464943/Hibernation-Mod e-Advice-for-newbies/

And Five:  It bears repeating:  RELAX!  A slow loser would be someone who is losing a pound or two a week. You are far frm a slow loser.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Mdae
on 10/26/11 8:14 am
Julie R.
on 10/26/11 8:36 am - Ludington, MI
 "Only" lost 37 pounds???   What did you expect to lose by this time?  100?    I "only" lost 21 pounds my first month.   I came on here and whined about it, and I really got the smack down from some folks.    I went on to lose 100 lbs by six months, and I'm still sitting here, five years later, 146 pounds lighter.     You're doing fine.   Keep on working to get that protein up.   And give your scale away to someone you don' t like very well.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Elizabeth N.
on 10/26/11 8:37 am - Burlington County, NJ
37 pounds in 7 weeks? That is slow in which world of delusions?

You are NOT "plateaued." You are NORMAL. Time to do more reading and adjust your very skewed expectations. You aren't having any problems or anything. You are FINE.

Renfairewench
on 10/26/11 12:28 pm
E - I can just imagine when you read her post that your eyes rolled up into your head because I know mine did and I "tempered" my reply...lol.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/11 9:22 am
My eleven yr old daughter said it best and put it in prospective for  me when she said "would you still think it was slow if you GAINED Xlbs in x weeks" Heck no! 37lbs in 7 weeks is amazing!  Relax and let your DS take care of the weight, It will!
MARTINA P.
on 10/26/11 10:23 am - ROCKMART, GA
 Ok here is something positive.  Loosing weight at the rate that you are loosing is a good thing because sometimes you tend to have less loose skin.  For example I have lost 102 lbs but have no loose skin as of today.  Stay positive.  I have also learned that it is important to stay away from the scale I keep up with my weight using one scale only and weigh on it no more than once a week.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Patty Kake
on 10/26/11 10:44 am
Sorry everyone.  I'm a newbie and just didn't know how quickly the weight would or wouldn't come off.  When you put it in your perspective .88 pounds a day or 6.whatever a week then yes, I am losing it fast enough.  The problem is I get on the scale every morning expecting to see it going down each day and I know I shouldn't do that. 
Thank you for your comments and the helpful links that you posted. 
Elizabeth N.
on 10/26/11 11:04 am - Burlington County, NJ
It's time to put the scale AWAY for at least a month. Better yet, get rid of it entirely and only weigh at the doctor's office or gym. That's part of changing your focus and getting more realistic expectations.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1018 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1185 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 476 views