Halloween DS Recipes. Got more?

inkedandsleeved
on 10/30/11 9:19 pm
 My absolute favorite Holiday is here!

I'm pre-op, but am trying to modify to a DS-friendly diet (with some lower-fat options since i don't have malabsoorption yet).

Here are some DS-friendly recipes I found for the awesomeness that is halloween:

Eye of Newt (for those that can handle eggs)

• 12 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickle
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 pinch celery salt
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 2 drops green food coloring
  • 1 can sliced black olives

Hardboil the eggs. Rinse under cold water or add some ice to the water and let the eggs cool completely. Peel and slice in half lengthwise.

Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a bowl. Mix in the pickels, mayonnaise, celery salt, mustard, and food coloring. Spoon this filling into the egg whites and place them on a serving tray. Round the top of the filling using the spoon. Place an olive slice on each yolk to create the center of the eye. Dab a tiny bit of mayonnaise in the center of the olive as a finishing touch.
-----
Crab Dip in a Pumpkin
Pretty cool crabdip, I subbed Greek Yogurt for half of the  Cream cheeze and it still came out great.
Serve in a small pumpkin for cuteness factor.
  • 16 oz cream cheese (or 8 oz cream cheese, 8 oz greek yogurt)
  • 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 6oz crabmeat
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons hot sauce
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • paprika, for garnish
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  • In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayo, greek yogurt, Cheddar cheese, crabmeat, lemon juice, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer to a shallow 9x13 inch baking dish. Garnish with paprika.
  • Bake for 30 minutes.
  • Serve in a pumpkin hot or cold.
  • -----

Jack-O-Lantern Peppers
  • 6 bell peppers 
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 small tomato, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup chili sauce
  • 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
  • 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  •  
  • Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
  • Lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, onion, tomato, garlic, chili sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl.Wash the peppers, and cut jack-o'-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and pointy-teeth smiles. Slice off the tops of the peppers, and scoop out the seeds and cores. Stuff the peppers lightly with the beef stuffing, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other.
  • Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy, about 45 mins... 
  • oooor, you can cook your meat in the skillet for a bit first to save time then pop it into the peppers then put it in the oven for 25 mins

---- Always looking for more halloween stuff, tonight I'm at my boyfriend's parents' in the French countryside and they've barely heard of american-style Halloween so we're throwing a party.
His dad and little brother are on a low-carb high-protein regime right now because of some bicycling race or something, so this whole weekend has been absolutely perfect for me eating-wise. Don't have to fight off the french pastries. lol.

Looking forward to other recipies!
Happy Halloween!

Renee2007
on 10/31/11 7:43 am - Central, FL
 I don't have any specific recipes to share but this talented lady does. Here's a link to a fellow weight loss surgery patient and she's got some really great recipes of all kinds.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 691 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1008 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views