DS friendly vending machine

ModestoK
on 11/2/11 10:01 am, edited 11/2/11 10:06 am
Vending machine dispenses steaks and other meats.

SmartButcher3.JPG

http://stclaircounty.myfoxal.com/news/business/99208-vending -machine-offers-fresh-cuts-meat

ODENVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) - It's called the Smart Butcher.

Amir Sagani, manager at Lil Mart in Odenville, Al says he jumped at the chance to have the machine put in his store.

"The owners of this machine he came down here to me and asked if I want to try the machine here, it's a new concept, I said sure why not so he brought it out here to give it a try and see how it works out," says Sagani.

It's the first meat dispensing vending machine in Alabama.

The smart butcher has only been at the store for about 5 or 6 days and so far, customers love it. Terri Davis says the steaks were so good she came back for more.

"We thought it was interesting so we come down here last weekend twice and bought out of the machine and the steaks were like if you would have got them out of a restaurant," says Davis.

Sagani says they sell about 10 to 20 meats a day.

"It's got the New York strip, ribeye, pork chop, sirloin, pork tenderloin, sausages, there's a variety in there," says Sagani.

One of the biggest selling points is affordability.

"I just priced some steaks a while ago at the local grocery store and believe it or not this will probably be cheaper, cheaper than going to the grocery store," says Davis.

The machine accepts credit, debit or cash. All of the items are under $6.
--

WANT!
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

gak
on 11/2/11 11:29 am
Revision on 06/21/13
DARN IT, it's at the north end of the state ! 

I WANT TOO !  

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

nightowl
on 11/2/11 7:13 pm - Topeka, KS
That is interesting!  I learned something new today.  I wonder how often the machine is restocked.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views