LOST 210 LBS

Tonya75
on 11/2/11 10:55 pm - IL
Greetings,

I have lost a whoppin grand total of 210 lbs! I am extemely excited.

I will be 2 years on Nov 23! YAY!!!!!

I am at my lowest right now, and hoping not to lose anymore.  I am a bit nervous because I am a entire 2 year out and I am still losing a pound here and there.

Any advice or comment would be appreciated!
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

Elizabeth N.
on 11/2/11 10:59 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Don't worry about it. Bounceback will happen.

Tonya75
on 11/2/11 11:04 pm - IL

Thanks! I just dont want to be in the 140's. I like my body how it is now! THICK BUT YET FAB!

DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 11:22 pm
Congrats Tonya75!

My surgeon will be Dr. Prachand, hopefully in Feb or March.  I am almost done with all the requirements.  Can you tell me anything about the U of C experience.  How are the hospital rooms, how was recovery (pain management) how long were you in for, ect.  Anything you can share.  Once again great news on your loss.
Tonya75
on 11/2/11 11:33 pm - IL
Hi There & Thank you!

I am very satified with U of C! I love Dr. Alverdy...he was very understanding addressed my concerns. I still of course remain in contact with them, as I am seen once a year now.

I had my own hospital room, and the nurses where awesome! After my surgery (while in the hosptial), I had a not so good reaction to that lovenex...I think thats the name of it. I had a nose bleed......my blood presure was high, but that happened with each of my c-sections, so nothing new.

Any other questions you can e-mail at [email protected]
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

_Leslie_
on 11/3/11 6:14 am - Franklin, WI
I had the absolute worst experience at the U of C.

Hospital rooms were small and not equipped for proper care (didn't have a chair in the shower that could hold me, no proper chair int he room i could sit on, etc)

Nurses were inhumane

pain management was near non existant at times

i pray to god that you do not develop any complications because like my dad now says "I wouldn't even trust them to care for my dog"

i was there for 6 grueling days before being shipped off to a rehab hospital unable to walk, dehydrated, DHR every 30 mins, was tested positive for C Diff at rehab hospital, and transported 4 hours to rehab hospital with no pain meds given prior to leaving....

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 6:45 am
Wow Leslie thats unbelieveable!  I would like to know the whole story. That scares me Im 6'6 440 lbs.  small rooms or showers dont sound cool.  Did you take any pictures of the rooms?
_Leslie_
on 11/4/11 1:31 am - Franklin, WI
No pics of the rooms... although I wish I did...

I was so out of it after surgery...

I requested a fan... I was SOOOO friggin hot, I was burning up... the hospital couldn't even provide me a damn fan.

The place is ghetto as **** I will never go there again

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

Heather E.
on 11/2/11 11:30 pm
Tonya, that is an awesome accomplishment!!  And I think you give hope to people who may have not yet hit their goals but are approaching their two year mark.

I wouldn't worry about getting "too low" - we have all been told by the vets that this might happen but bounceback happens, too.  I look at it as giving ourselves some breathing room.

Congratulations on your success!

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

Tonya75
on 11/2/11 11:35 pm - IL
Thanks! I am very blessed I tell ya!

I seen some lady about a year ago, that had surgery (not sure what type) but she looked really bad, almost bones. I praying I dont get like that!
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views