Extreme fear setting in

pktwatch
on 11/12/11 11:31 am
Do you have a Angel, someone to talk you through your rough times and keep the rest of us informed of your progress?

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 12:32 pm
Ohhh, how do you get one of those??
pktwatch
on 11/12/11 12:43 pm
Just post that you want an Angel. Choose someone who fits your personality and that you can trust to support you.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 9:40 pm
Hmmm, thanks!  I don't really know anyone here yet.  I did read every single page on the memorial tho and saw that people had angels...just didn't know how they got them.
beth-28
on 11/12/11 12:12 pm
Heather, I'm starting to get anxious too. I have 2 weeks to go, and from February until last Friday, time seemed to drag forever. But now it's sinking in, and I feel like what right do I have to possibly put myself in a situation that might leave my family without me..my hubby, sons, mother, and sisters.

But then I think about the family members that we've already lost due to the diabetes that runs in our family. I think about the disease that may rob me of my sight, my limbs, and my life. That gives me the strength to force my fears back down.

So you aren't alone, we all have fears. But you have us and we have you, and we all can help each other to be strong!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 12:36 pm
HIJACK!  *Almost* a surgery twin...mine is on the 29th.  Keep in touch!  Maybe we should exchange info so we can text each other when we're bored in the hospital
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 12:35 pm
HeatherLynn I know exactly how you feel!  My surgery is in 2 weeks (the 29th) and I'm a wreck.  I'm so glad that you have your hubby there to talk to and you guys can get thru everything together.  Stay strong for each other and lean on each other.  That's what you got married for.   My husband is awesome and I can always talk to him about anything, HOWEVER, he has never been obese.  I just feel as tho he can't relate.  Chim up!  Can't wait to hear how great things went fo you once you're on the dark side of things.  Good luck!
Elia-B
on 11/12/11 11:27 pm, edited 11/12/11 11:28 pm
 I think maybe it's a little like child birth (not that I know first hand) - it's okay after the fact, well forth it.  The first two and a half weeks after my DS were harder than I thought they would be.  They were pretty hard - for me.  But, I'm 11 months post op now and that time is a mere blink of an eye for me.  I feel better.  My life is being transformed - in a good way.  Having wls was one of the best decisions I ever made for myself, possibly the best decision I ever made for myself.  I was kiling myself slowly and I wasn't having any fun doing it, pre wls.  I have options now, opportunities.  My body doesn't hurt, just generally hurt, like it did pre wls.  For me, I made up my mind. The chance to live was worth dying for.  Once I felt that way, I was good with the risk of dying.  Other things scared me, other possible complications, but I knew I was destrying myself and setting myself up for a miserable and bitter future.  It was worth the risks for me.  

When looking at it this way, I hope that you are able to find some comfort in your decision and the risks it holds.  
sandyv63
on 11/13/11 3:29 am - Naples, FL
 If you've been reading my posts you know I've also been panicked. Now that I'm 3 days out, I can say that it wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be. My worst fear was the nausea. Every post op complains about it. I haven't had ANY nausea. I'm stunned. The worst has been the gas (I had a lap procedure because I wanted to heal faster and not worry about hernias down the line.) the gas is not horribly painful but it is uncomfortable. I feel like I'm being inflated. I could burp right after surgery but I could not fart. Never in my life have I looked so forward to a fart. Then after having a suppository shoved up my behind, the big moment came. What a relief. 

In the beginning you are going to want to sleep and be left alone. They will harass you every 2 hours. You will be cranky. Just deal with it. You'll be too weak to injure anyone anyway. Your first walk will be a few feet because that's all you'll be able to do. You will improve quickly after that. Now I look forward to the walks because it helps with the gas. I got off the morphine on day 2 but some need it longer. Use it as long as you need it.

My experience has been, I think, quite good. It wasn't what I expected and I doubt you can really be totally prepare for this. My pain level hasn't been bad at all. In my case, the worst of it has been the gas. I have the absolute best DS surgeon (ok so I'm a bit partial) so I never, ever stressed over my choice of surgeon and that really helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 806 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views