Chromium Picolinate anyone?

Larissa P.
on 11/24/11 10:42 pm - Denton, TX
I was looking at my vitamins and researching and realized my multi (Twinlab Daily One) uses Chromium Cloride, which seems to be the Calcium Carbonate of the Chromium world. In other words, useless. Research suggests the Chromium Picolinate is the best absorbed.

Either way, it's hard for a normie to get enough by diet alone, so I figured I need to pay attention. I was thinking of just taking is seperately because I had a real hard time finding a multi I could tolerate that also came in capsule form and was decent with the formulation. I can't tolerate Vitalady's because I'm extremely sensitive to the niacine she puts in it.

Any thoughts?
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
MajorMom
on 11/24/11 11:25 pm - VA
My understanding from Vitalady is chromium GTF is even better than chromium picolinate. My DH takes it to assist his med for high blood sugar. I don't think chromium is a critical element but it is supposed to help bring blood sugar in line. You can find chromium GTF at VitaminShoppe.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Larissa P.
on 11/25/11 1:57 am, edited 11/25/11 2:01 am - Denton, TX
Thanks, Gina!

Yeah I heard of GTF (same as polynicotinate, right?). That was mentioned in the literature as the second best, but I'm sure Michelle knows best!

*edit: I guess not. Chromium GTF is a yeast product. I'm confused even more.

Off to do more checking. I'm extremely picky, and ONLY like to take capsules.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
PattyL
on 11/25/11 7:42 am
 I've taken chromium for years.  Always in pill form though.
(deactivated member)
on 11/25/11 10:00 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I took chromium picolinate years ago, but I stopped because it made absolutely no difference or impact to anything. It had been recommended by an d endocrinologist when I was a teenager with insulin resistance.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 419 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 860 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 277 views