Anyone having problems with antidpressants post DS surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 9:41 am
I was taking Prozac for years and due to menopause I switched to Effexor ER; it's supposed to help with hot flashes. Well that's a load of bull, but mentally I feel better on it than I did the Prozac. Hope you find the meds that work for you.
LaurenR
on 12/6/11 6:53 pm - Kemptville On, Canada
I was of Effexor years ago might be worth a try again ?? Don't recall ever being on Prozac.
 I am on my 12th year of being diagnosed I should tell you I suffer from High anxiety, depression, panic attacks, Post Traumatic stress disorder and agoraphobia and then there are my other new issues which I believe are a big cause to my problem ...
I thought I had another abdominal hernia but it turns out I have Abdominal Separation (Rectus Diastasis) mostly caused from multiple child birth but also obesity. Issues it causes me are bladder and bowel problems and spasms in my back, major bloating. I have little notice of when things are going to happen (I do a lot of running) so I have to wear depends now( well what I am really wearing is the biggest kids pull ups because depends are too big) I rarely ever go for a pee without having a bowel movement and this happens a few times during the night as well so how can meds stay in my system long enough to work.
So that is why I am seeking your help my friends to see what meds if any can get into the blood stream faster.

Surgery Aug 2008   Start weight 309lbs  June 2012  Present weight 125lbs

2009 update pic shown here.

STP
on 12/5/11 10:46 am - Tacoma, WA

Hello, Lauren.

I am about 4 years post-DS, doing well overall. I have been taking citalopram (Celexa) both before & since surgery. You did not mention what type of doctor you are seeing, but it may be important for you to find a psychiatrist who specializes in the pharm side of practice.I know my guy is very much on top of all of the latest research and very attentive to any malabsorption issues that might develop. Good luck with this.

-- Sandy

-- Sandy

HW 275 BMI 42, lowest weight 130

CW (sustained) 137, BMI 21   Now am:  Half the person by weight, twice the person by health!

LaurenR
on 12/6/11 7:02 pm - Kemptville On, Canada
Hi Sandy
 I am seeing a very good Psychiatrist at our local Psyc Hospital been seeing him for 11 years now, so he knows me well. You know I did call my Pharmacy but they put me off telling me I should call my doctor for info, very helpful (NOT)
 I think I shall try another drug store to see if I get the same reaction.
Thanks  everyone your help and input is so greatly appreciated.Thanks for sharing and caring

Surgery Aug 2008   Start weight 309lbs  June 2012  Present weight 125lbs

2009 update pic shown here.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 736 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1036 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 348 views