? for those who had a full tummy tuck

AzGirl2TnGirl
on 12/6/11 11:34 pm - Newport , TN
Hi everyone have not been on 4 a long time. I am almost three years out, just had a tummy tuck on friday. They were going to do a lower body lift but the abdomen had problems with bleeding. It took him five hours to do the tummy. My Dr told me not to lie flaqt to sleep at a 30 degree angle. Or more When I walk 2 the bathroom I can not stand straight I have to face the floor, my back hurt real bad when walking. I do have 4 JP drains. My abdomen is numb and so is my private area he tucked that area also. Was wondering what other DS experince was or is. And how long to expect to be like this thanks.

1Blessed4life
on 12/7/11 1:32 am
I had the anchor done Aug 3rd, and an incisional hernia repaired - I still have some pain from the mesh inside (hernia repair) when I cough or stretch my tummy wrong, but I def would NOT recommend a tummy tuck to anyone that didn't Need it or plan on being down or in pain awhile - It was tough & painful to me!!! I am doing much better now & love the way my pants now fit! praying you can get the rest you need & keep the pain down for a quick recovery!

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image 
 HW: 260 / SW: 254 / CW: 140 on 01/15/13 Orig GW: 150             ~Jeremiah 29:11  

Janet P.
on 12/7/11 1:40 am
I had a full TT. My scar is basically hip to hip. Did your surgeon also tighten your abdominal muscles? If he did that's why you can't straighten up, need to sleep on an angle, etc. It will get better but honestly I took 4 weeks off work and needed every one of those days.

As for the numbness, they cut all the nerves so you may not get feeling back (hopefully your doctor told you this was a possibility, I know mine did). I still have some areas that are numb and my TT was 5 years ago.

I also had a breast lift at the same time but that was a piece of cake.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Sheanie
on 12/7/11 1:46 am
Had TT 7 years ago, then gained up to 250, then had the DS 2 years ago.  When I had TT done, I also had two other major surgeries at the same time, which was a really bad idea.  I got 2 units of blood post op, then had major depression post op.  My recovery was difficult, made more so by the **** elastic girdle the plastic surgeon made me wear.  That thing was made by Satan himself.  As far as the pain went, I had none from the surgery.  I had tons from the girdle, including blisters.  I finally altered it on my serger sewing machine and cut it down to fit my shorter frame.  Then I designed my own velcro girdle to wear after the first week. 

Your scars will fade wonderfully.  Mine look like stretch marks now.  Took 2 years to fade to that point.  Some sensation came back for me, not all, but most.  Would I do it over again?  Each surgery alone, yes.  All 3 together?  Hell no.  (TT, abdom hyst and posterior repair - where the blood loss came from).  Post DS, my TT has snapped back beautifully.  I would imagine some of your discomfort is coming from the lipo, if you had that.  That's painful.

I left the hospital with pain pills I flushed down the toilet.  I only needed Tylenol, but I took it really easy.  Sleeping was hardest for me, because they said not to sleep on my side.  I'm a side sleeper, so eventually I found a way to sleep with pillows pressed on my stomach (wearing the girdle 24/7, in the shower, too) and did it anyway.  But I wore the girdle the whole 3 months he told me to. 

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

Elizabeth N.
on 12/7/11 1:56 am - Burlington County, NJ
Thus far you sound pretty normal to me. My hernia repair/TT was far and away the toughest recovery I've ever had.

Kayla B.
on 12/7/11 2:15 am - Austin, TX
All pretty normal.  Takes a couple weeks to stand up straight and your back hurts from the awkward angle.  The bleeding, however, is not normal and I think you should look into that further when you're better.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
strawberry28
on 12/7/11 2:34 am - somewhere, MD
Sounds normal to me too. You are right in the middle of the curve, you will Elgin to feel better each day now. I just had extended tummy tuck and boobs done on the 18th (2 and a half weeks ago) . I just put pics on my profile . Take it easy, you will need several weeks to feel close to normal.

Take care.
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

AzGirl2TnGirl
on 12/7/11 2:57 am - Newport , TN
Thanks for the replys. I think the drain tubs are bothering me the most the pull  and get stuc****ep stripping them .Thanks again to all my DSers out their you been there 4 me from the bigging and still there you all are great thanks will keep you informed on recovery. But this REALLY HURTS BAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL 
newyorkbitch
on 12/7/11 4:08 am
Yeah,  the TT recovery is really tough.  But  this too shall pass and you will love your result.  Take it easy,  let your body do its thing.    It's worth it in the long run.

My TT was almost as much of a dramatic change as the weight loss.  Incredible.
z85sparty
on 12/7/11 12:35 pm - Mason, MI
 I must be the rare one with their TT, because my TT recovery has been a cake walk over my open DS recovery!  I had a pani removal, TT and lipo 4 weeks ago.  I was cut past hip to hip for my TT. 

I took 3 weeks off work, but could have gone back after 2.  (I have some vacation time I have to use or loose, so hence the extra week.)  I was standing pretty well straight within the second week.  The only time after that I was still a little bent over was if I had been sitting down for a while, when I first stood up it took me a few minutes to straighten up.  

At my 3 week post-op appointment my surgeon cleared me to bowl again and to begin "running" again at the gym, and said this week I could start lightly lifting weights.  I did bowl on Sunday and I felt fine!  Bowled my average two out of the three games! Woohoo!  Today I hit the gym and did some light walking and weight lifting.  

I don't have to wear a binder any more, just spandex or compression gear for the next 3 months.  I found some that I really love, feel great, and do an amazing job keeping the swelling away throughout the day.  I still have slight soreness, but it really just feels like I worked out hard at the gym the day before, nothing horrible.  

I will be honest... I was expecting post-plastics to feel like hell!  And I've been shocked that I haven't even felt close to hell! 

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 306 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 772 views
Need help for my mom