Protein Question

ArielSanders
on 12/13/11 4:26 pm - houston, TX
I think its the first one, because im a carboholic...
beemerbeeper
on 12/11/11 3:17 am - AL
Calories do not work for us.  I say they are "not informative."

If you want to lose weight decrease your carbs, especially your simple sugars.  Carbs are sneaky *******s and hide in a lot of foods that we have been taught are "good for us."  So check the carb counts in what you eat.

I do increase my protein when I am trying to lose weight.  Because protein keeps me full and then I don't want the carbs.  How much protein do you normally get?  You should count protein if you aren't sure.  How are your labs?  How often do you get labs?  Do you get ALL the labs you need?  If you aren't sure ask someone to give you VitaLady's lab list for DSers and get a COMPLETE set of labs.

Hope this helps.

~Becky

ArielSanders
on 12/13/11 4:31 pm - houston, TX
Mrs. B,

I need to start counting the proteins, I only count the carbs..

I ahd no probs with my DS or weight until End of Oct beginning of Nov, then boom...fat mid section..its like the seams of my lower body lift came undone and allowed me to gain fat stretch skin and jump to 187 from 173..

and i ben working and dieting stupidly trying to get back..but the weight budges slower than before..

Caveat: During that time I went on a carb and actual rice binge...and i mean every meal..almost no proteins for a onth or so...

Never again.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/14/11 12:51 am, edited 12/28/11 8:46 am - Burlington County, NJ

ArielSanders
on 12/14/11 2:22 am - houston, TX
 im upping the protein now...and yes know you give very good intenetioned FIRM answers...I had a mom so ok with it lol
dlappin413
on 12/14/11 2:34 am - Woodstock, GA
Love you, EN, for your hard ass answers!  We need that out here and I'm grateful, eternally, to have you watching out for us.  I thank you!  Only thing I wish is that you be sure to take care of yourself and don't fret over us to the extent it hurts you! 

God bless!
I hope you dance with enthusiasm... and a million other things joyful!

Elizabeth N.
on 12/14/11 2:58 am, edited 12/28/11 8:47 am - Burlington County, NJ

dlappin413
on 12/14/11 5:46 am - Woodstock, GA
I hear ya...
I hope you dance with enthusiasm... and a million other things joyful!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 560 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 949 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 324 views