Wi fit opinion?

kim1967
on 1/12/12 11:18 pm
Hello Everyone!
I am trying to decide if a WII fit is really helpful to get in shape?
Has anyone used or using it?
Any opinions or ideas are welcome!
Thanks!!!
fullhousemom
on 1/13/12 2:40 am
We got it a couple of years ago. I dont know of anyone who uses it to work out. The "game" that went with it were cartoon-typeish characters and I could never get over that.
tonkasmom
on 1/13/12 6:14 am - Paradise, CA
I have the Wii Fit Plus.  I enjoy the games.  I don't think it is to great to get into shape though.  It does allow you to move and exercise a bit while playing a game.  There is a section in there though that you can create a workout routine with the exercises that they have.  Yoga exercises.  I did that for a while, but I haven't done anything with it for a few months.  I need to pull it out again and start again.  I did enjoy the balance games and the step routines.  You will have fun but don't expect to have much of a workout though unless you do the exercise routines.  My sister bought mine for me because she had so much fun with hers.

HW 370
SW 337/CW 160/GW 159

sandrasoren
on 1/14/12 9:54 am
 I think Wii fit is a great way to get started if you're not working out, there are yoga and strength exercises that really allow you to use those muscles.  However, if you're looking for a really goo aerobic workout, well I don't really think you're going to find it there.  Zumba, just dance 1,2,3 or the one for kids, Michael Jackson.  All of those are great aerobic workouts, and I have very little muscle tone in my arms, it worked there too!  Wii Fit does do a great job of monitoring your BMI, help you set goals, but I don't really think it's so great at helping you achieve them.  Hope that information helps you! :)  Good luck!

~Sandra

SW-237     CW-120      GW-130         HT-5' 0.5"
DS - 1/18/11

kim1967
on 1/15/12 4:35 am
Thank you for the responses!
I did go ahead and buy it and have used it twice so far.
I could actually feel soreness in my abodmen since I have not worked out at all since my DS...yes I know I should be ashamed.
But I think this will at least get me started and I did see my balance seems to be off!!! lol
Gotta start somewhere I suppose, so maybe this will motivate me!
Thanks for the other ideas as well!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 656 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 996 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views