Hopefully new to the board

Nath76
on 1/23/12 11:01 pm
Good Morning,

Not sure I am posting this on the right board but here it is....

After six months of denial and apealing, I just heard good news that the Medical Director would reconsider my denial for DS. I had a VSG back in 2008 and now getting for the DS. Can anyone know where I can get information for such revision... like information if my pouch should be resized? I have heard somewhere that just adding the switch separately from the pouch does not guaranty as much weight loss. Thank you for sending those links if available.

Nathalie
Janet P.
on 1/24/12 2:04 am
Hi and you are on the right board. First, if you had a VSG you do not have a pouch you have a sleeve. The "S" in VSG stands for sleeve. Also, going from a VSG to a DS is not a revision. The VSG is considered the first part of a two-part DS. I have heard that those having a DS in two parts don't necessarily lose alot of weight. If you don't have much restriction anymore you might talk to your surgeon about re-sleeving. Definitely do some reading and searching on the board - you should find alot of information and hopefully those who have had it done in two parts will respond.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Nath76
on 1/24/12 2:17 am
Thank you so much. Yes you are correct about the sleeve.. guess I have done a lot of reading and read pouch a lot... I would love to hear from people that did the DS in two parts and find out what they have done. I also heard that people who had the surgery in two part were not loosing as much weight. Thanks for your help
calendargirl
on 1/24/12 2:14 am - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12
Welcome!

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

* Gail R *
on 1/24/12 5:28 am - SF Bay Area, CA
If you haven't already, you should study the site SDFacts.com. A lot of your questions will be answered there. We are happy to help with clarifications, etc. Welcome!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Fade2Pink
on 1/24/12 8:25 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Welcome and congrats on your appeal!

I am pretty sure Gail meant DSFacts.com  :)

Wishing you well.
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

Band to DS
on 1/27/12 4:22 pm, edited 2/3/12 11:16 pm
Congratulations on getting insurance approval! A lot of the experienced DS folks aren't posting on OH anymore. See the link in my signature.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views