Anyone done VSG to DS?

Nath76
on 2/15/12 12:20 am

My question is this: Would you still loose a considerable amount of weight if you have had the vsg done years ago so can actually eat a fair amount of food but now do the DS part? I am concerned that I am not going to loose weight because this surgery will only be malasobive and not restrictive anymore. My surgeon says that unless my sleeve is enlarged /stretched out he will not re- sleeve it.

Also, can you explain why I would still have to do liquid diet for 3 weeks after surgery? Is it because of the plumbing?

Thanks for letting me know, i have surgery on feb 24th so it is coming up!!!

Valerie G.
on 2/15/12 3:37 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 There seems to be a certain synergy with the new sleeve/switch being done together as opposed to doing just the switch later.  Many do complete revisions to kick-start new weight loss and re-sleeve along with completing the switch.  

The liquid diet is either for shrinking your liver if they are doing it lap, or they want your intestines clean before they start hacking at them.  It's not as "messy"

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MsBatt
on 2/15/12 8:45 am
The post-op liquid diet is because you've just had your gut cut and sewn, and it needs to heal before being asked to deal with anything tough.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views