Looking for Dr. Gagner? Good luck!

Gigifatsalloff
on 2/18/12 11:47 pm
DS on 02/20/12
Here is my story with Dr. Gagner. I emailed Dr. Gagner about a self pay revision around the 1st of Dec 2011. He asked for my phone number and called me at work the next morning. He said he could do my revision for $20,000. He said he could do it laproscopically and take out my gallbladder (I have stones) as well. He had his nurse Veronique contact me via email back and forth after that. For the last two weeks of December I jumped through all kinds of hoops! Dr. Gagner said if I would have the funds ($20,000) wired to him by Dec. 29th, he would schedule me for Jan 4th surgery. I paid for expedited shipping to get my esophageal he ordered on disc sent to him. I also had EKG, labs, barium x-ray and several other requests done just so I could have the surgery on January 4th. On Friday, Dec. 30th around noon, he emailed me and postponed my surgery. He said his anesthesiologist was still on vacation. He was teaching in Hawaii for the next 3 weeks and had other obligations after that. The next surgery date he gave me was Feb. 15th, 2012. Ok, I cancel the hotel room, change my Sprint account back to non international roaming, changed my airline tickets to Feb 15th, which leaves a United Airlines credit of $400 that I have a year to use, change EVERYTHING at work to prepare for a later surgery date and postpone EMR till a later date. Practically the mental anguish was so much that I cried for several days. He kept my $20,000 waiting for 2/15/12 surgery date. I rescheduled everything and once again had all of my ducks in a row! Wednesday, February 8th, one week before surgery, he did it again!!! Sent me the ever-so compassionate email that he was going to have to cancel again. This time he offered to refund my money! I left work that day crying so hard because I just could not believe he would do me that way again! I asked him to call me but he would not. He gave me the same song and dance about not being able to get an anesthesiologist from McGill University to perform the surgery. He said it would be about two months before he could get the administration issues resolved. I am now looking into other options for the DS surgery. I wanted to warn everyone about him. I did get $20,000 back on Friday (thank God) but now I have a $1233 United Airlines credit when I really need the money instead. My advise to you is stay clear of this one or you'll be in for a lot of heartache. Word is he's skipped out all together!

Joanlaptods
on 2/19/12 12:10 am
 I understand your frustration but don't give up so easily, you only made first contact in December.I believe him if he says its problem he has to resolve. Be patient he is an excellent surgeon and you would be in good hands to have your DS done by him.

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

newyorkbitch
on 2/19/12 12:17 am
 He is an excellent surgeon but he is also an asshole and nobody wants to work with him. why do you think he jumps around so much and can't keep a steady gig?
lauriv
on 2/19/12 12:28 am
I will send you a pm of maybe another option

~ Lauri

lauriv
on 2/19/12 12:30 am
Hmm I tried and it keeps showing me you are private or don't exist! Friend me and send a pm and I'll reply

~ Lauri

newyorkbitch
on 2/19/12 1:14 am
If you have a good alternative to suggest,  why not share it for everybody's benefit?  It's not a ssecret, is it?
lauriv
on 2/19/12 1:45 pm

No, but it's against TOS to refer her to the other site. I was suggesting to her a post there. WTF. Im sick of people assuming things and STILL trying to give me crap over my surgeon.

~ Lauri

Joanlaptods
on 2/19/12 12:30 am
 I think much of that here in Canada is that private healthcare is frowned upon and seen as elitist as everybody has public health care and most have no public ie funded access to DS.

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

Joanlaptods
on 2/19/12 12:41 am
 If you are going to use a nother surgeon check out ds facts for a reputable surgeon. Dr Juarez has a terrible reputation as you will see here if you search his name.

lauriv
on 2/19/12 12:48 am
You have no idea who I was talking about so don't assume!

~ Lauri

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views