MIA and in need of some help!

Laurie D.
on 2/26/12 11:48 pm - minden, NE
So, I've kind of been buried under with having gone back to school. 

Here is my problem (and I did it to myself somewhat so I am kicking myself). 

Two major surgeries (tummy tuck/hernia repair and then another a year later for correction of unhealed problems interior wise) and started school 6 weeks after the first surgery.  I was doing good, keeping the weight off but have hit the 30 pound regain bunch and now I need to get it off.

I have to say I was naughty and my old habbits crept in somewhat.  I am finding that I am VERY much gluten intolerant and am working at getting that out of the house, slowly cuz I'm the ONLY one with the problem and I think I am becoming /have become somewhat sugar intolerant.  I get severe gas from both, so badly that I end up in bed.  BUT dumb me, since I"m home alone all the time eat the crap any ways.  

My problem now....trying to tack what I am eating, remembering HOW to eat like I did right after surgery (I KNOW that going back to that will help get the weight off, but brain farts are not good at this point and I don't remember the exact specifics).  If I could get someone to help me just a bit with a reminder of the grams of protein and grams of carbs etc I would REALLY appreciate it!

I also used to use a website to track my carb/protein intake, but for the lift of me can't remember that either (I had to get a new computer a year ago and lost everything that I had bookmarked, and right now majority of the bookmarks are for school).  Can someone give me some names of sites, I know it wasn't sparkpeople, but other than that not sure which one it WAS.  :( 

I just need to get more active here again and watch what I'm eating, with some support, as I don't get it from my chocolate loving, junk food eating hubby!  (though he says that he doesn't want me back to where I was).  

I am in a hospital setting for school 1 day a week and have to get this eating and gas problem under control. 

Thanks for listening and for your suggestions, help! 

HUGS!  And congrats to all who have appeared and had the switch since I was around last! 
SW 308/CW164/ GW 140

MajorMom
on 2/27/12 12:59 am - VA
I'll be back later tonight but the quick answer is 100 grams of protein and under 50 grams of carbs a day.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Laurie D.
on 2/27/12 1:49 am - minden, NE
Thanks!  I did find my program / website for tracking....:) 

now to go from there.  
SW 308/CW164/ GW 140

Valerie G.
on 2/27/12 3:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Those cravings can be very powerful, but I found that a few days of protein loading eases those cravings in time.  I would make my sf custard, ricotta fluff, flourless peanut butter cookies and thelma salad and have it all on hand to satisfy my sweet cravings and feed my need for protein.  Having what you need - ready to eat is key, so take an afternoon preparing all that you love for protein snacks, so you can grab them as easily as a cookie.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Nicolle
on 2/27/12 3:50 am
Welcome back--sorry you're having trouble. If I am remembering correctly, some people track their food on fitday.com.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Laurie D.
on 2/27/12 9:43 am - minden, NE
Thanks guys!  I have to get those things made and on hand for sure!  I have been so slack and am so upset with myself.  I will have to make those yummy things and know that they are ok for me and I don't have to eat the 'bad' things!  

What is Thelma's salad?  Don't think I have heard of that one.  Thanks!

SW 308/CW164/ GW 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1081 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1251 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 511 views