AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE

cthr
on 6/23/12 6:58 am
Does anyone Know if the new healthcare act covers DS?
Valerie G.
on 6/25/12 11:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Nobody knows exactly what's all in the new healthcare act.  Even those who voted it in didn't take the time to read it.  Considering that two goverment agencies (Medicare and Tricare)  have conflicting coverage, it's anybody's guess.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

learning more everyday
on 6/27/12 5:44 am
I can say that the PCIP (the pre-existing insurance coverage that is federally covered) does cover DS. I have been in contact for the last several weeks with the bariatric coordinator who did confirm. I also have talked to Dr. Smith's coordinator who did confirm that First Health is in-network with them for the DS. Now this PCIP program is supposed to be in place until 2014.
Gutless_in_Seattle
on 6/29/12 12:01 pm - Seattle, WA
There is no single payer option in the Healthcare Act. Our polititions took care of that.

Basically it's a mandate that everyone have insurance, just like we do with our cars, so it would be up to the insurance company you choose if they offer the DS or not. I don't believe Medicare or Medicade will change much as far as what is offered, except that they may add more people to their rolls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Women and Cats will do as they please,
...and Men and Dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DS with Dr. Myur Srikanth
Virgin DS Lap Surgery scheduled for December 4th, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 347 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 804 views