Plastics time!!Thanks everyone

Joe_C
on 7/10/12 10:34 pm
I haven't posted for a long time.  I also posted on the Plastic Surgery board.  I got insurance approval for Panniectomy, Chest reduction, arms, and thighs.  I have a surgery date for the Panniecutomy and chest 7-26-12, the rest in December.  It has been a long road to approval but worth it.  My suggestion is to get the removal of excess skin policy from your insurance and submit for approval in their words.  My original denial was because the plastic surgeon referenced cosmetic terms for the surgery, I had to submit approval with other terminology before it was approved.  Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for this board getting me to this point.  I had the BPD/Duodenal Switch and went from 547lbs to 275lbs and have a different life now. 

>>>Approved!!! Surgery 10-19-09<<<
              Starting an improved new me

missdivatete
on 7/11/12 8:13 am - TX
who is your insurance company if you dont mind me asking im planning ahead lol
Joe_C
on 7/11/12 8:53 pm

Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Minnesota.

kiwicat
on 7/12/12 4:57 am - Knoxville, TN
That's who I have for insurance and wasn't encouraged by reading their removal of excess skin but maybe now I'll try again. If I could get thighs and arms paid for, then I'd be willing to fork over the rest for full tummy tuck and lift/augmentation :) 
Joe_C
on 7/12/12 5:03 am

Try for it all, maybe your doctor will modify your your Panniculectomy to make it a TT.

Beam me up Scottie
on 7/12/12 6:03 pm
Plastics make a world of difference! Especially when you get rid of man boobs. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 432 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 878 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 292 views