Betahistine and vertigo

gaiamist
on 8/18/12 12:23 pm - Windsor, Canada
 I having been experiencing vertigo on and off for almost 10 years. It's mostlu ben referred to as Benign Positional Vertigo (ie. the doctor doesn't really know what it is). I have been prescribed Teva-Betahistine to take when it comes on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it does, it is a godsend. Vertigo is not pleasant, to say the least. I have a two-fold question to put out there. Firstly, I wonder if this is one of the drugs that I need a sleeve (as opposed to RNY pouch) to be able to absorb over time as it is required. Secondly, I wonder if anyone has had vertigo and had it disappear after sugery/weight loss. .. just wondering and hoping.
Ref June/10; Dr.Treki Jan/11; Orient Jan/2011; SW Mar/11; hiatus Apr-Oct/11; Dietician class Nov/11; SW Nov/12; Dr.Treki Dec/11; psych Jan/12; Dietician Feb/12; SW Mar/12; Surg Ed class May/12; surgeon Aug 24/12 - agreed to refer file to Hamilton for DS               
MsBatt
on 8/18/12 12:57 pm
I've been told that there are only two things that are actually absorbed in the stomach, and that's aspirin and alcohol. Everything else is absorbed in the intestines. Your pharmacist can probablly tell you exactly where your medication is absorbed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views