3 days until my new life begins

SmallTownJen
on 9/30/12 12:07 am, edited 9/30/12 4:02 am - IN
DS on 10/03/12
My ds is scheduled for 10/3 at 9 am. 
My emotions are all over the place, as they have been for a couple weeks, but I have this weird sense of calm going on right now.  I have read all my information from the surgeon, read dsfacts.com more than once, read all the posts on this awesome site.  So there is one part of the brain that says  "you've got this, its time to rock" and the other part that says "you are forgetting something, you are going to screw this up"
I feel pretty certain that this is normal, but just needed to put this out there to the people who understand the most... the ones that have been right where I am.
Today is the last day of "normal" eating for me, the next 2 days are clear liquids only.  
I just wanted to let all of you know that having this site to come to has been so helpful and I can't wait to join the rest of you post-ops on the loser bench.
Blessings on your day

Andreagoeldner
on 9/30/12 12:14 am
DS on 10/15/12
I'm having surgery on October 8th. We are so close in dates... I'm feeling the same way!
A. C
on 9/30/12 2:11 am
Best of luck to both of you.

puppysweets1
on 9/30/12 3:58 am - CA
Remembering that place of calm surrender before my DS.  You stay calm, we'll be excited for you!  See you on the losing side.

RNY to DS  210 lbs gone for 5 years.

2renee
on 9/30/12 11:27 pm - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

I had mine on August 28 and I remember that feeling very well.  You are prepared and have made peace with your decision so there is no need to be anything but calm.  Enjoy it and best of luck on DS day.

Renee

SmallTownJen
on 10/1/12 10:20 am - IN
DS on 10/03/12
 Thank you everybody for your encouraging words... Day one of clear liquid diet almost done and not near as bad as I thought it would be... Sent my husband to his mom's for supper so there isn't a lingering food smell in the house, had me a bowl of beef broth for supper and now relaxing.  I can't believe surgery day is almost here...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 394 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 845 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 275 views