PROTEIN

BRENDALOU
on 10/10/12 12:55 am - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

When i make stew how do i know how much protein i am taking in.do a add all the protein off the the cans i use? I have never understood how to calculate the nut value on home made foods.

southernlady5464
on 10/10/12 1:02 am
Using something like MyFitnessPal makes it easier to figure homemade recipes. Just plug in all the ingredients of a dish (and their amounts) and it will figure it for you.

So if you use two lbs of meat, find the meat involves and figure the amount that equals two lbs.

Cans, they usually have their nutritional values listed...add the entire amount to your total.

Remember not to freak out when doing this as the number seems huge. That is until you divide by how many servings you think it makes.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Valerie G.
on 10/10/12 1:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 You can add all of the cans, then divide by number of servings.  For meat, I estimate.  3oz is approximately the size of a deck of cards, so when looking at your serving size, it's an easier comparison, and the likely key source of your protein.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

preachermomma37
on 10/10/12 8:08 am - TN
 EVery homemade recipe I make I plug into myfitnesspal and let it do the work. I also use a food scale to measure the things that are not premeasured. Share your recipes. If you are on myfitnesspal you can find me under this same user name. All of my friends can see my recipes and food diary.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views