Vit A ?

BRENDALOU
on 11/8/12 10:43 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

Can Vit A be taken with other vit? is there one it needs to not b taken with?

MajorMom
on 11/9/12 1:01 am - VA

You might not want to take vitamin A with vitamin K1-- and iron is such a weakling you want to keep it away from nearly everything.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Crazeru
on 11/9/12 7:02 am

I take my A, D, & E in the middle of the night with a calcium dose. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

BRENDALOU
on 11/9/12 2:35 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

So you get up in the meddle of the night to take ur vitamins.

puppysweets1
on 11/10/12 12:16 am - CA

IF you get up to use the bathroom during the night it is a good time to sneak in an extra dose of calcium.  OR, lots of DSers take their iron supplement during the night so that nothing will interfere with its absorption and any GI side effects won't bother them while they finish sleeping. Often early morning poops create an advantageous opportunity to take omeprazole (prilosec) on an empty stomach which is the recommended way to take it.

Crazeru
on 11/12/12 5:23 am

I'm generally up 1 or 2 times a night, so it's a great time to sneak in my extra calcium doses.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

JazzyOne9254
on 11/9/12 9:35 pm

Crazeru-

You shouldn't take calcium with anything other than magnesium and zinc.  These three work together,  and are all minerals.

Calcium is so dense,  it will block absorption of anything else.  Next time you're in a vitamin store, take a look at the liquid calcium.  It's like liquid paste!   That's what it looks like when the tablets dissolve in your system.  It coats everything!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Crazeru
on 11/12/12 5:22 am

Thanks Jazzy,

I take calcium 6x a day.  I can't always keep it away from other vitamins.  I found that taking my dry vitamins in the middle of the night when I get up to pee, works great for my A, D, E & my potassium.  When I took them during the day my levels went down.  Now, they go up or stay up where they need to be. 

Chris
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

J G.
on 11/11/12 2:21 pm

Me too.  Do you think it's OK to take mag citrate at the same time?   Sometimes I take these for the middle of the night dose.

Calcium-Magnesium Citrate

JazzyOne9254
on 11/12/12 6:05 am, edited 11/12/12 6:20 am

Calcium, magnesium and zinc all work together, so it's a good thing to take them together.  These are all minerals, and I usually take minerals with minerals, and vitamins with vitamins, with the exception of calcium/Magnesium/D/Zinc and Iron/C  I *always* separate the cal/mag/ D/zinc combination from everything else, as calcium will interfere with absorption of many vitamins, and even minerals such as iron.  Even prescription iron comes with instructions to take 2 hours apart from antacids, which contain calcium, and that includes milk!  I usually take an acid based drink, like lemonade or orange juice with my minerals.   Ironically, I had a conversation with a nurse today about this very thing!  Speaking of which, if you ever get an overproduction of stomach acid, take some calcium! Excess stomach acid production can sometimes be a symptom of not getting enough calcium; the stomach  produces more acid to set into motion the process of obtaining calcium from your bones. I use that as one of my "body signals" that I forgot to take my dose of calcium.  It can also signal a calcium deficiency. This is not stuff I'm making up - I have read this in medical journals and textbooks and heard it in lectures as part of my coursework to become a Dietitian.

I would also suggest taking your fat soluble vites, ADE and K together with something fatty, like a piece of bologna or some other fatty food.  Fish baked with butter  and dark meat chicken works, too. Just a bite won't block the absorption, and it will help the vites dissolve more thoroughly in your stomach.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 332 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 796 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views