Failed Cardiac Clearance What NOW ??

leanmama
on 1/1/13 1:09 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

Two years ago VSG done sailed though all testing.  No 100+ less weight , good stable blood sugars, good stable blood pressure. and failed cardiac clearance, with low ejection fraction ( left ventricle not pumping enough oxygenated blood to the body). Even if I have the saved 23K (self pay) this year for the DS I will be rejected.  On new meds for the heart and at this time on a 15 day home monitoring and due for a MUGA scan on 2/7/13 to see if things are better, just a waiting game.  Anyone else failed cardiac clearance at first go round?  Wonder if I went to Mexico if they would have caught this.  I have had ekg, echo, and nuclear scan of my heart so far. So sad and so depressed. Any words of support will be GREATLY appreciated.

Pre Op 450 lbs +/ VSG 10/2011  421 lbs/ DS 4/2013 371 lbs

PattyL
on 1/1/13 2:16 am

You're exactly right, a waiting game.  One thing you can do to improve your odds is lose as much weight as possible.  Yes, there have been people who failed cardiac clearance, took care of the problem and went on to have surgery.  After all, losing weight will help the heart problem.

preachermomma37
on 1/1/13 3:06 am - TN

Better to have caught it now then in the OR and lose your life. Prayers coming your way. Keep up the good work at losing.

puppysweets1
on 1/2/13 2:57 pm - CA

Don't give up.  Was this caused by valve damage from Phen-fen or Redux? Personally know someone who had that problem but it improved with time.  Wishing you the best.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 319 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 781 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views