NSV kind of anyway

julanie
on 1/9/13 4:03 am - Arlington, TX
DS on 09/17/12

I finally wore a smaller size of pants and shirt to work on Monday.  Nice at first, was told they could finally see the difference.  I did comment that I missed my baggy clothes, they are comfy and it's like going to work in my pajamas.  I was told by a co-worker that it was about time for me to get over that, I work in a professional environment and it's time to stop looking so sloppy. 

So the victory is smaller clothes and the compliments, but I'm not too crazy to hear that I was previously seen as "sloppy" because I was dressing comfortably.  FYI, she meant well, she's a blunt friend that wouldn't hurt anyone's feeling intentionally. 

I know we have to start getting smaller clothes, but I really am having trouble with being comfortable in smaller sizes.  I like how I look in them, but I prefer to be comfortable sitting at my desk all day.  After all, I may look better when I'm staring in the mirror, but it's not like I look at myself all day long, right?

Julanie

Garden Fairy in training, according to my daughter
NewLife2013
on 1/9/13 4:46 am

I think it was completely unnecessary for her to say. Enjoy the victory :)  Perhaps find some work clothes that you feel comfortable in but would suit the environment you work in? Heck, at least your boss should notice and add that plus to your next review right? :)

I'm new so I'm not sure what NSV means...no small victory? PS Hello from Frisco. :)

HW 360 * SW 318 * CW 275 * GW 145 * Surgery 12/27/12 - On the way to the new me!

6penningtons
on 1/9/13 11:54 am - MO
DS on 12/12/12

I totally get what you mean.  I hate clothes that aren't comfy, and I know it sounds weird, but I don't feel as confident for some reason,  Surely this part will get better as time goes by!

Age: 34; Ht: 5'2; High Wt: 190; Goal Wt: 120; DS by Dr. Lopez 12/12/12

Sumundo311
on 1/9/13 12:26 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

I have clothes that fit but I prefer comfy things. I hate the restriction in some material. I find I like a longer shirt to it hides the hanging belly skin. If I wear pants that fit after sitting at my desk for hours I get a stomach ache and bloating, so I go for a little bit bigger. Shirts do not cause the same issues.

involuntarysheep
on 1/9/13 7:51 pm - TX

Congrats on your NSV!  I am in the same boat - my friend at work came up to me and basically told me I looked like I was wearing a tent, so I went out and bought "new" clothing at the thrift store the next day, and then suddenly everyone was complimenting me.  It was super annoying to hear that from her, but on the plus side, people notice the weight loss now.  When it comes to clothes, though, I'm not comfortable in anything, and I never have been.  I prefer to not be wearing anything at home, I can't even wear regular shoes without feeling weird.  I don't know if it'll ever get better, but at least the weight of the clothing is a little less than before, I think that helps, but it may also  be causing that uncomfortable feeling for tohers.  It's kind of like losing a security blanket and replacing it with something similar, but it will never be the same.  Anyway, congrats again! 

~ Christina ~

SW: 293    GW:140    CW:240

lucy200683
on 1/9/13 10:28 pm, edited 1/9/13 10:28 pm
DS on 12/11/12

way to go Julanie!!  don't let others get you down..   you are doing great and you celebrate each baby step in your journey!

you do what makes u happy and don't worry about their negative comments!   im here if you need somebody to talk to..  im walking in your shoes!

take care

Lucy!

DS w/Dr Kim  12/11/2012

3horse
on 1/9/13 11:53 pm
NSV = non scale victory
Sharon C.
on 1/10/13 12:09 am - OR

Way to go!  A victory worth celebrating.  

I can empathize -- I have a couple of well-meaning friends that I know love me but feel the need to comment on my comfortable over-sized attire :-)  One has been bugging me for several years (b/c I dressed comfortably @ my larger size, too) to watch "What Not To Wear".  Frankly, I don't get it!

Best -- Sharon

Revision with Dr John Rabkin 4/26/12

Highest Weight 297, Revision Weight 254, Current Weight 130

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 262 views