Stomach Noises! Help!

Sunshine16
on 2/28/13 3:58 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have a new job and I often work closely with my boss.  Now it has been so embarrassing with the stomach sounds.  Now lately I have been cutting back on my carbs trying to lose some weight.  Every morning I enjoy coffee, but I know I am lactose intolerant.  That could be the problem, but I love my coffee...that is my biggest treat.  Today it was bad, ....I'm wondering because I'm starting back on my protein shake, coffee and that is it in the morning. I'm not hungry.   A friend of mine mention to help with the sounds she graze all day, and its the juices in your stomach. Do you think, because I only drink shake and coffee in the morning and with this surgery you need to eat all the time?  Instead milk base does the creamer or whipping cream work??

Does gas x work?

And why can we now hear our insides is it be we don't have that much intestines?

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

MajorMom
on 2/28/13 6:22 pm - VA

I used Lactaid milk at first. It's supposed to be easier on folks with lactose intolerance but it's still got more carbs than you may want. I can use 1/2 & 1/2 or cream, plus a little water, as a base for my protein slurry. I'm definitely not crazy about making a protein coffee with jus****er but you might try it just to see how your system reacts to it. Also, check your protein powder to make sue it is whey protein isolate and not whey protein concentrate and possible using aspartame as a sweetener rather than Splenda/sucralose or stevia. Aspartame can mess with my stomach.

Stomach noises? lol   I'm still the after dinner entertainment on some nights. No idea why they are so loud.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 2/28/13 10:16 pm
Hi Major mom,
There is a lot I need to learn. Do you still have the meetings on the first week of the month of Tuesdays? Will there be a meeting this Tuesday and will you guys be meeting a Swee****er at 6?

MajorMom
on 3/1/13 1:48 am - VA

This Tuesday...Merrifield Swee****er at 5PM. Support group at 7PM. Follow one of us to Dr Elariny's office after dinner. Would love to see you there.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 3/1/13 12:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I get serious gurgles with milk - so I recommend trying heavy cream which has the lowest amount of lactose.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sunshine16
on 3/1/13 12:24 am
Hopefully this will do the trick. Will gas x or that lactaid pill help too and do you have a certain brand you recommend for coffee creamer?

TaliTali
on 3/4/13 3:35 am - Sammamish, WA

I have nicknamed my stomach to "Chatty Cathy" because it just talks and gurgles all the time. It's become a joke in my household. It doesn't seem to be related to anything I eat. 

For coffee, I'm a heavy cream girl. Everything else makes me gassy. :)

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 299 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views