article on whey protein - whats good verses what isn't

jzwife
on 3/7/13 3:06 am

Heres a very interesting article about whey protein. I know there are a lot of different protein powders out there and am always concerned whether I am getting a good nutritional whey protein or not. I found this article to be very informative and helpful in making better choices. You are about to discover the shocking truth behind whey protein's production and nutritional value.

http://grassfedcowswhey.com/download/download.php?f=truthabo utwheyreport1.pdf

If any of you have anything you want to add about protein supplements please jump in as I have seen some controversy on here about protein isolates verses whey protein and would love tolearn more.

TaliTali
on 3/7/13 3:48 am - Sammamish, WA

Thanks for sharing this. I'll have to research this from a more non-biased viewpoint. It came from a site that is pro-grassfed which means their belief is that grassfed is "best" or "it."

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

xr7conv
on 3/7/13 8:40 am - Omaha, NE
DS on 01/16/13

Interesting article.  I take it with a grain of salt.  No scholarly paper would look like an infomercial.  They are a bit biased.  The interesting part, if true, is the heavy metal part.  Have to research that.  There is in fact a normal amount of background heavy metal everywhere.  Does the protein source we eat exceed this?  Have to investigate.

Thanks for posting.

"Let us not glide through this world and then slip quietly into
heaven, without having blown the trumpet loud and long for our
Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Let us see to it that the devil will hold a
thanksgiving service in hell, when he gets the news of our departure from the field of battle." - C. T. Studd

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 382 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 836 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 272 views