Labs help, please

Larissa P.
on 3/18/13 11:01 am - Denton, TX

Labs help! Ok, so my doctor says yay! I'm no longer anemic, so NO infusion for me! :) :( But I still feel exhausted all the time!!! Please look at my labs, and the other tab shows my current vitamin schedule. Honestly, I don't know what to do about my B6 shooting through the roof - stop taking my multi twice a day? And my A is barely hanging in their on 200,000 a day. Looks like I need to double my D, E, and K as well. I don't know what else I need to adjust.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-23BxvUErz7U0JpT0FGRG5hOWc/ edit?usp=sharing

Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
MajorMom
on 3/18/13 7:49 pm - VA

Cross Posted from Facebook group:

My Bs are similar to yours. My dietitian tried to bring down the B6 by having me take the B-complex once a week and it didn't budge. I was already supplementing B1 separately with a 100 mg B1 capsule I get at VitaminShoppe and that may be an option to keep your B1 up while you try to bring your B6 down. The last year she had me totally stop the B-complex and B6 is slowly starting to come down but it's still high. She was going to do some research and see if she could find an explanation for why our B6 stays elevated long after you would expect it to start dropping. I'm not symptomatic in any way with the high B6, so she hasn't gotten too worried.
I agree with you and think I would add another D3 and E to your morning batch of vitamins. The vitamin A and K1 need to be separate if you can do it. You might try taking the same dose of K1 but take it alone in the middle of the night away from your vitamin A.

Just wanted to ask if are snapping your Proferrin in half before you take them and ask if there was any way to keep your carbonyl iron separate from your other vitamins. It might give them a better chance for absorption.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

beemerbeeper
on 3/19/13 6:41 am - AL

Larissa,

No advice but just a shout out.  Haven't seen you in a long time.  Good luck with your vitamin changes.

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 299 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views