No copy of labs

Trish06
on 3/22/13 9:55 pm
DS on 12/06/12

Well had my labs done weeks ago, heard from Dr Kemmeter's office in MI and then met with my pcp yesterday and can you believe I never got a copy of my labs :( I do know some of them and was wondering what you guys would do. My potassim was very low so am on a prescription and they have already taken my blood after 3 days to see if its on the rise. My vit A is 28 I was taking 75,000 units they added another 50. My iron was low, the ferritin was 13, my B1 was on the lowest ok number................sorry can't remember what that was. I was a bit shocked that I'm still coming in so low on everything I have followed vitalady's plan since my surgery and never miss my vitamins. My D was at 59. I got a prescription for D they do carry dry D at Sam's club so will pick that up today. I'm hoping my doctor has sent my labs in the mail to me. I had a feeling that many of the vets would be upping their vitamins more then I've been told so was was looking for some of your opinions on it please?

Thanks,

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 8/14/2014

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

MajorMom
on 3/22/13 10:31 pm - VA

I bet they are carrying Bio-Tech dry D. lol  If you can get insurance to pay for some of your dry D3 that would be awesome! 

Give your vitamins time. The first couple of years are stabilization years. 

You also might try to take some of your vitamin A away from everything else and on an empty stomach. You could start taking some Proferrin in addition to the Vitalady Tender iron. I take my Tender iron in the mid afternoon and Proferrin at bedtime. I had to supplement my B1 separately. The B-complex shot everything but B1 too high, so I ended up stopping the B-complex and only taking a B1 capsule I got from VitaminShoppe.

Good luck.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Trish06
on 3/23/13 8:54 am
DS on 12/06/12

I've been taking my vitamins the way vitalady suggest but I could try taking my vitamin A apart from the rest and see if that helps. You were right its bio-tech d :)

Thanks Gina

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

MajorMom
on 3/23/13 8:11 pm - VA

lol  Cool!  We know we're getting good stuff from Vitalady then. She and Bio-Tech are buds.  They put her label on their products but they are still Bio-Tech.  They also share a booth or set up right next to each other at the ASBMS conferences. 

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

KarenRW
on 3/23/13 10:08 am - Stockton, CA

Hi Gina, long time no talk. Hope all is well with you. The exact thing you mentioned about "insurance paying for supplements or the D3" you mentioned. I had wondered lately if and how to get insurance to pay for the supplements. I have now upped my supplements because of the fibromyalgia I was diagnosed with last June. Some of them are interrelated. The D3 besides being a necessity for us DS patients is also strongly advised for fibromyalgia patients. As is magnesium, another good supplement for both issues. I now take magnesium glycinate because after reviewing all the different magnesiums, the glycinate is voted very popular for fibro patients and to help my malabsorption too. I finally had the vitamin D injection 600,000 units by Dr. K in January and waiting for an order to  come from a compounding pharmacy not so very far from me for a vitamin D booster and my primary doc will inject me. I also had a B12 injection last month and take 2500 of B12 sublinguals. I started on a super B complex and not taking the B1 for now. Have lab orders for a wholllle set of lab blood draws many of them per Dina, and will drop off at lab on Monday so they can get it all together and hopefully go in Tuesday to be their victim. 

For the past several days feeling so much better and wonder if it is the D finally affecting me so well. I pray.

All the best to all of you.

Karen     

MajorMom
on 3/23/13 8:07 pm - VA

Good to hear from you. All is well with me, thanks.  : )

I remember when I was bringing my D3 up from the pits. I felt like a little kid running around on a sunny beach.  That kind of feeling.   :D

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

Rkincaid04
on 3/23/13 5:07 am - NC
What is your common channel length? Cute eclectus, btw!!
Trish06
on 3/23/13 8:25 am
DS on 12/06/12

My common channel is 100 cm. Thank you most don't know what kind of bird he is :)

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

beemerbeeper
on 3/23/13 7:49 am - AL

I have my doctor write at the top of the lab slip:  "Release all results to patient."  and then I go directly to the lab and get my results BEFORE my doc visit so I can study them, ask questions here, make notes of trends from previous labs.  In other words go in to the doc appointment with my  list of questions and not knowing nothing.  But unless the doctor "orders" the lab to release the results to you they won't which is friggin' ridiculous since they BELONG TO YOU!!!

I just went to get my results 8 days after the draw on Friday and they STILL didn't have all of them in.  My doc appointment is on Tuesday so I am going to go sit at the lab on Monday until they get the rest of the results faxed to them and copied for me.  There is no way my doc will even HAVE them on Tuesday so I will take a COPY to the doc to go over.

It is crazy the hoops we have to jump through to be healthy post DS.

The only thing I really know is that all the labs are interrelated and you need to post all of them so that folks in the know can best advise you.

~Becky

Trish06
on 3/23/13 8:27 am
DS on 12/06/12

That is  a good idea Becky for next time! I wlil have to stop in and get a copy of them I guess.

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1083 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1259 views
Need help for my mom