SLEEPING

jzwife
on 3/24/13 5:33 am

I have to ask- what did you do to get comfortable while trying to sleep? My sofa reclines but is not the most comfortable. Trying to sleep in my bed  doesn't work either. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!

Sharon

alaska_aries2131
on 3/24/13 5:51 am
DS on 06/15/12

I had my husband put my side of the bed close to the wall and made a pillow fortress it was tricky but I had open ds and am a stomach sleeper so I could only sleep reclined and propped up so I did not move much also I wore a stomach binder which helped alot.

jzwife
on 3/24/13 3:41 pm

Where do you get a stomach binder?

Valerie G.
on 3/24/13 7:00 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I leaned over pillows to simulate stomach sleeping, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jashley
on 3/24/13 12:25 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I slept on a chaise lounge, so I was practically straight up.  My legs were elevated to keep them from swelling.

I used 2 traveling pillow rings around my neck, other wise I woke up with a crook in my neck.

Pillows on both sides kept me propped and snug in the chair. 

I slept like this for 6 weeks. 

Irishnurse
on 3/24/13 1:07 pm
DS on 04/17/13

I am looking for a recliner....

PSaadallah
on 3/24/13 1:47 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

I slept in a recliner for nearly six weeks - I just could not get comfortable sleeping in bed - it was actually painful and felt like something was "pulling" inside when I would lay down.  Thank goodness we have three recliners in the living room.  

docputer
on 3/24/13 1:54 pm - Topeka, KS
DS on 01/17/13

I slept in my bed, but propped up with pillows. I could not lay flat or it hurt.

jzwife
on 3/24/13 3:38 pm

Thanks everyone- We have a recliner in our bedroom and several in the Family room- non of them are that comfortable. I have a dear friend who came over tonight to lend me her reclining queen bed from her guest room . My husband and some friends went and picked it up so its all set up in our guest room. I think it will be a little closer to a hospital bed. I'm going to give it a shot tonight and hopefully it will do the trick. I know that nothing is going to be 100%- I'll take 50% at this point. I am a stomach sleeper also so sleeping on my back drives me crazy.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences!- here hoping its a good night for sleeping!

PS- I've loaded up on the pillows to prop around me

Sharon

southernlady5464
on 3/24/13 11:40 pm

I USE to be a stomach sleeper...it's partly why my apnea was not caught for years...cause mine was positional. However, due to back surgery in 2006, I had to LEARN to sleep on my back. I can now sleep on my side after 7 years but mostly still sleep on my back.

A recliner works well, but it's not for everyone. I had one in my bedroom and three upstairs and still opted to sleep in my own bed after my DS. I just used lots of pillows...still do, :)

I hope you find what works for you.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views