feel a little weak

jzwife
on 3/31/13 3:39 am

Not sure what is going on- if its just normal or what but am feeling a little weak today. I took a shower and have been toddling thru the house trying to do a few things while my family is at church. I've been trying to get in liquids ands trying to keep my protein at 30 grams. Maybe is just a side effect of surgery-its been 12 days.Did some of you have days like this?

Good news is that I am down 12 lbs in 12 days. Am hoping to be down 15 when I see my surgeon on Wed.

beemerbeeper
on 3/31/13 4:44 am - AL

Days?  Try Weeks!!  Get your fluids up if you can.  Fluids first, protein second.  And REST!!!!  You've been through a huge surgery AND you are basically starving your body.

In otherwords...normal.

~Becky

jzwife
on 3/31/13 4:57 am

Thanks Becky

Glad to hear it. I was wondering too if maybe it was because I haven't taken any pain medication for several days now and I'm  coming off the Oxicodone. I'm not in pain so don't feel I need it.

thinlizzie12
on 3/31/13 4:48 am - KS
DS on 01/24/13

Yes JZ....that is how I felt...took about 4-5 weeks for me to feel some sort of energy back...and I pushed myself...I had to....I went back to work at 5 weeks out. Just make sure you get your protein in....I used my shakes and they saved me. 12 lbs in 12 days...I think I was the same;) I am now just at 9 weeks out....feel wonderful! 

Vicki PNW
on 3/31/13 4:49 am

During my recovery period, there were days when I felt nauseated when I woke up.  Most of the time the nausea was caused by my need to take a dump or to drink water or to eat something.  The nausea usually resolved when I did any or all of these things.

You may be feeling dehydrated.  You need to take in more fluids, even sipping small amounts if necessary.  Being dehydrated can be a real b*tch, especially when recovering from surgery!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Irishnurse
on 3/31/13 5:12 am
DS on 04/17/13

Feel better soon =)

Valerie G.
on 3/31/13 11:41 am, edited 3/31/13 11:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was extremely listless for a good 4-5 weeks, so yeah, this is quite normal.  Don't push too hard, your body needs time to heal.  Also make sure you're getting your 64oz of fluids every day

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jashley
on 3/31/13 12:08 pm
DS on 12/19/12

I felt weak for weeks.  A shower was it for the day.  I was worn out and needed a nap by then.

There were times I kept on pushing myself until my sister made me lie down.  I was shocked how weak I felt, and the smallest little daily chore wore me out.

Get lots of rest, and sip all day long.

momii3
on 4/2/13 9:32 am - NE
Must be the norm. I felt that way until just the past week and I am 9 weeks out tomorrow. It's a major surgery and the body needs to recoup. It does get better. Take care!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 298 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 770 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views