Vitamin D injection has helped my D blood value

KarenRW
on 4/16/13 4:20 am - Stockton, CA

I had a vitamin D injection by Dr.K on Jan. 9 of this year. I just had lab work and my D has gone from a 30 to a 50 since then. I still take the vitamin D capsules, but have to find out what dosage is best. I was taking either 1 50,000 IU or 2 of them. I have to order another vitamin D injectable and have my primary doc inject it. I will order that from a compounding pharmacy near me. I found out after I was down in Delano that I needed boosters every 6 months for 2 years. Besides needing my D upped because of the malabsorption, I found out I have fibromyalgia, another good reason to get my D upped as I was told it would help the fibro symptoms I endure and I think maybe it has as my pains are not always so bad, but if I overwork, it can cause a flare for me with more pain and fatigue.

All the best to all of you.

Karen     

JazzyOne9254
on 4/16/13 7:03 am

Karen -

I also have Fibromyalgia, as well as Systemic Lupus (SLE).  I also had vitamin D and Vitamin K issues with my last labs, plus a whole lot of other stuff -low ferretin (iron infusions)   low total protein (increased shakes to immediate post-op l levels, 5 daily), and high PTH (means calcium is being leached from your bones) low zinc which I increased with supplements.  My PTH was 104, the highest normal is 72. The parathyroids are normally silent, and just sit, until blood calcium levels drop, then they send out the hormonal signal that kicks off osteopenia, which I have been officially diagnosed with.  I got a Reclast infusion, before I knew that  is not good for DSer's. It also doesn't help that I'm post-menopausal, and that in and of itself carries with it bone density issues.  I have added Strontium to my supplement regimen, to try to help my bones hold the calcium and not go into osteoporosis..I take the 50,000 IU vitamn D as well, to help my levels get back to normal.  Calcium has been a problem for me out ot the gate, but I have found calcium citrate in capsule form, so I don't have to cut up the horse pills anymore! Most of the A-D-E-K  vites I use are either Solaray or Source Naturals, with the exception of the D, which is Ortho Molecular. I'm going to buy a bottle of the Bio-Tech D though, so I can have more on hand. There are only 15 per box in the ortho, so I end buying two at 7,99 or 9.99, whichever vendor on eBay has the best price.

I would really like to just skip the dumb stuff and do ADEK shots,  I already give myself B12 shots IM, so the ADEKs can't be any worse!  

Immediately post op, I also had to give myself Lovenox shots for seven days to keep from forming blood clots, ant that wasn't a big deal for me, either!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

J G.
on 4/17/13 5:24 pm

Hi Karen, nice to hear from you.  I was taking 4 of the Vitalady 50K per day.  Now I have cut back to 3.  Will get labs soon and see...  Is this injectable D you get a D3?    -Jenny  :o)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 381 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 831 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 272 views