puking

starlightlu
on 5/28/13 1:01 pm - Canada

Hi, I'm 3 wks out and for the 2nd time, when I had a bite too much I vomited. Not much but just white liquidy stuff (I do tend to drink milk). Is this normal

Irishnurse
on 5/28/13 2:58 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Twice I vomited foamy froth from over eating. I believe it is normal. We just need to learn when to stop. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

starlightlu
on 5/28/13 4:35 pm - Canada

yes! It's like white foamy froth exactly!

jashley
on 5/28/13 3:36 pm
DS on 12/19/12

Yes, it's normal. 

Need to learn when the tank is full and stop eating and drinking before you hit that mark.  It takes a little practice. 

I used to count bites.  I slowed way down after bite 4.  I would set my fork down for a while and see if I registered as full.  I don't have any triggers like sneezing, foaming, drooling when I get close to full.  Just trial and error (and puking) that teaches you when to push your plate away.

starlightlu
on 5/28/13 4:35 pm - Canada

I know, I don't get any signals either, it truly is trial and error.

Irishnurse
on 5/29/13 12:35 am
DS on 04/17/13

Sometime my stomach will rumble and growl when it is full but not always so at times I over eat. I am learning when to stop. Trying to figure it out. I will get there. Vomiting is not something I want to do lol

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

alaska_aries2131
on 5/28/13 5:39 pm
DS on 06/15/12

I hated when that happened I called them the foamies and I would heave and sound like a turkey getting it up. Count your bites and chew well it does pass when things get stuck your body over produces mucus to help grease the obstruction out. Make sure to hydrate when that happens and lay down that helped me some

J G.
on 5/29/13 2:13 pm

Yep, normal.  Also, when you get further out, don't do what I did and try to force down too many vites when you tummy is full.  Same result.  Guess I was just too impatient.

BrienneofTarth
on 5/29/13 10:03 pm - IL
DS on 03/26/13

Two months out, and yes it's normal (or at least my normal).  Only have vomited a few times during this whole process, but for me it's not only about quantity, but quality.  I couldn't keep down a piece of fatty meat the other day.  My fault for taking a bigger bite than I should have and not chewing carefully.  Live and learn.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 365 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views