Looking for KaylaB's Cake Shake recipe

beemerbeeper
on 6/7/13 12:51 am - AL

I used to post this recipe all the time and now I can't' remember it.  If you have it please post it.  Thanks.

~Becky

Kayla B.
on 6/7/13 1:03 am - Austin, TX

Ha, I don't really remember it either.  It's more of a consistency thing.

Scoop of protein powder

1 tbsp? cocoa powder

sweetener of choice, to taste (start at 1-2 packets, or try davinci syrups)

1-3 Tbsp oil (depends on fat needs)

and then I think 1/8-1/4 tsp baking soda

Enough water to make brownie consistency

I know the microwave time was like 30-40 seconds only.

5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
beemerbeeper
on 6/7/13 3:02 am - AL

I had figured out how to make it in my sleep, just the way I wanted it.  Then I quit making it for who knows why and I can't get it right yet.  I'm doing about what you said.  I may have put too much baking soda.

Thanks!

~B

Corbin Y.
on 6/7/13 4:30 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

This was from one of your earlier posts from 2011 - I've gleaned a lot of DS info by using  the search function above:

Several folks from this forum have asked for the recipe.  This is KaylaB's discovery on the DS forum but I make it about 4 times a day so I share it a lot.

How I make it:

3-4 T splenda
1 T packed dark cocoa
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 T oil 
water to make a thin non grainy batter
Mix WELL.

I use a 20 oz heavy Corningware mug that I found at Walmart.  What you cook this IN varies the cook time.

Taste the batter.  If it tastes good the cake will too.  Nuke for 35-45 seconds.  If the result moves when you tip the mug it is liquid at the bottom (like a molten cake).  Do NOT over cook.

Top with something low carb and yummy.  I use Land O Lakes Sugar Free whipped cream.  Even cooked perfectly it is a little dry.

You MUST experiement with the amount of oil and water and the cook time.  But finding the right ratio for you will be well worth the effort.

The way I make it it has 26 protein and about 6 carbs.

~Becky

beemerbeeper
on 6/7/13 6:04 am - AL

Thanks Corbin.  I am trying to remember how I ate when I was losing weight and maintaining.  I keep losing the same 10 over and over (and I'm not complaining...it used to be 100 not 10) and this is something that I know helped me tremendously.  I have a terrible sweet tooth and when left to my own devices I eat sugar and gain weight... go figure, right?

This is really a life saver. 

~B

Corbin Y.
on 6/7/13 8:13 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

Thank you for sharing this, as a fellow sweet tooth DSer, I am eager to try this out!

jashley
on 6/7/13 9:19 am
DS on 12/19/12

From reading the recipe, the cake will move in the cup as you tip the cup....  Is that how it's supposed to be?  Like a molten lava cake?  or do you keep nuking it till it is brownie/cake like?

This sounds great and I like the ingredients. 

beemerbeeper
on 6/7/13 10:08 am - AL

I can just advise you to try it various ways.  I like it pretty well cooked but then I top it with SF whipped cream.  I also like it more molten like, but usually cook it all the way.

B

~~Sami~~ *.
on 6/7/13 2:14 pm - Jacksonville, FL

Eggface has a bunch of mug cakes on her site.  I've always had good luck with her recipes. :)

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2010/04/that-takes-cake.html

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 301 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views