Carbs...how much is an acceptable level?

starlightlu
on 6/23/13 12:08 pm - Canada

Hi, despite my best efforts I still have some carbs (the occasional slice of bread or the one or two bites of a family meal that includes pasta...I'm Italian afterall!). Anyway, soon to be 7 weeks out I'm able to drink my water and I've brought my protein intake to 100g + per day. I track my meals and snacks on myfitnesspal.com. I was wondering though how much carbs is an acceptable level especially since those darn carbs are almost everywhere. Right now I'm ashamed to say but I'm getting anywhere between 80-100 g per day despite trying really hard to avoid carbs.

Can you guys chime in with how much carbs you have a day? Am I compromising my weightloss. HW 260, 7 weeks out I only lost 37 lbs.

2ndChance2k13
on 6/23/13 4:00 pm
DS on 07/08/13
How are getting your protein in? I am up in 14 days.
MajorMom
on 6/23/13 7:02 pm - VA

During this losing phase you might want to try just a little bit more and stay under 50 grams. Maximize this honeymoon phase as much and as long as you can. Then, once you hit goal, you can start adding complex carbs back in a little at a time to see where your sweet spot is...and that sweet spot may change the further out you get. Maintenance isn't a cakewalk. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

moobabies
on 6/23/13 7:06 pm - Bakersfield, CA

I personally never counted anything except protein.  I would limit sugars, white flour, drinking calories and such....but I didn't "count".   So I don't really have a  "carb number" to share with you.  What I do want to share is... you didn't "ONLY" lose 37 lbs in 7weeks......you....WHOOP, WHOOP LOST 37 lbs in just 7 WEEKS!!!   At a starting weight of 260 you are right on track for great results...just stay the course! Don't so much think "diet"  ....think- lifetime- lifestyle- good nutritional choices. 

starlightlu
on 6/23/13 7:34 pm - Canada

thx for your support! I really thought I was staggering behind in my WL, thanks for reminding me that I'm on the right path. Gina you are ABSOLUTELY right , I definitely need to try a little harder to limit my carbs. Have a wonderful day everyone!

T Lady
on 6/24/13 8:17 am

I'm working on some regain and also using myfitnesspal to track my intake.  My goal is anything below 20 grams per day.  If I go over 30, the scale stops moving down.  I was one of those DSer's that could eat whatever I wanted and still lost.  I had to eat carbs during my pregnancies and I think I also got into that mode of "wow, this is so great that the only consequence to eating anything I want is gas!"  Well, let me tell you, I hit a switch about 8 months ago and the scale started going in the wrong direction.  It is so amazing to see where carbs sneak in and they really do matter.  I can certainly attest to that fact as I'm trying to drop with damn 20 lbs.  It makes me wish that I would've stayed lower carb for longer.  I think I could've gone even lower and had a better window for the inevitable regain.  Good luck, I'm thinking of you...

Original DS-1/07/09- Dr. Simper, SW: 286, LW:170, Post-op HW:194

Hiatal Hernia Repair & Revised DS to Hess Method-1/29/14- Dr. Keshishian, SW:194, CW:176, GW:130ish

PCOS w/ 2 post DS pregnancies!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 357 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 815 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views