I am excited!!!

Christina L.
on 6/27/13 1:40 pm - Romulus, MI
DS on 09/23/13

Went back to Dr L today and found out that my pouch is very small and my stoma is quite large.  My small  intestine is looped and comes in the side of my pouch and not the bottom.  The ability to lose the weight wasn't there for me.  My surgery is scheduled for September 23.  I have a few things to do yet and then just make sure my insurance will approve which shouldn't be a problem.  I am been so excited today.  It was a relief to find out that sad to say I knew there was a problem and today proved that.  The countdown begins until I am switched.

Edited From My Highest Weight

fullhousemom
on 6/27/13 9:34 pm
Dr. L did my virgin DS and I am very happy with the results. I don't know of any revisions he has performed. You might want to check on how many he has done. I have no experience with revisions, but from reading, this is what I know.

Revisions have a much larger complication rate. In the year and a half that I've been here (and I read a years worth of data before that), most complications, certainly not all, come from a revision, and most from the rny to the ds.

There are only a couple of surgeons that the vets would recommend....Dr. K out of California and one other that I can't recall. There has been some talk locally about a Dr. Kennemeter in Grand Rapids as well, though I don't recall anyone posting who has specicially had a revision by him.

Look at the revision board. You need to do a ton, a TON of research before you go through with this. Nothing against Dr. L, as he did a great job for me. But I would want to know any surgeon's experience on any procedure before I would let them cut me. And with the complication rate of this type of surgery, it only makes experience that much more important.

Good luck on your research and surgery.
Christina L.
on 6/27/13 10:47 pm - Romulus, MI
DS on 09/23/13

We have talked of his revisions and I have spoken to people in his office that he has done revisions on. Yesterday there were three patients in his office he had done revisions on and all look very good and are very happy.  They were all various stages out from surgery.  He has put me at ease all the times we have spoke and our next visit we will talk more about the surgery before he does it.

Christina L.
on 6/27/13 10:47 pm - Romulus, MI
DS on 09/23/13

We have talked of his revisions and I have spoken to people in his office that he has done revisions on. Yesterday there were three patients in his office he had done revisions on and all look very good and are very happy.  They were all various stages out from surgery.  He has put me at ease all the times we have spoke and our next visit we will talk more about the surgery before he does it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views