9 months out Sleeve to DS (with pics!)

SHFT_2
on 7/16/13 7:24 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks for sharing your full story. Keep up the great work. You look awesome.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

celticfaery
on 7/17/13 2:12 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

Thank you!!!

Just have to take one day at a time!  Eventually I know I'll get there!

Thanks for the friends request too!  I'm an open book.  So if you have questions, just ask!

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

dustycroy
on 7/16/13 8:17 am
DS on 05/14/13

Wow, girl, keep doing what your doing.  Your looking GREAT, and its only going to get better.  Proud of You!!!!!

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

celticfaery
on 7/17/13 2:14 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

Thank you!!!

You are totally gonna blow past me!!!  You're doing FANTASTIC!!!!

TxTraveler
on 7/16/13 9:41 am
Great smile! Congrats on the success you've had so far!
celticfaery
on 7/17/13 2:15 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

Thank you, Traveler!!!

I've always thought my smile was my most redeeming quality.  kiss

usandall
on 7/16/13 11:08 am

Wow you look awesome.  I am a light wt and much to my demise I gained 20 back now back down 8.  I find the more I am on here the better I do.  So keep coming back.  I had a prior lap band revision to a DS and although the DS is the most wonderful WLS on earth you have to some what follow a eating plan as I found just eating non stop made me gain!!!

celticfaery
on 7/17/13 2:22 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

Thank you!

I feel your pain with the regain!  Good for you for recognizing it before it got out of control!  The DS seems to be a bit more forgiving than the sleeve was in that regards.  I have days where I feel like a bottomless pit and other days where I barely want to eat.  But any surgery can be sabotaged.  It's up to us to use our tool and make it successful.  The DS eating plan is so much easier for me to live with compared to the sleeve diet.  I am able to eat beef and pork now without having all of the negative side effects.  I lived with chronic constipation with the sleeve and beef and cheese made it worse.  No more issues with that thankfully!!!  I love veggies and I can eat more of them now!  At least once a week, I eat fruit.  I'm not confined to a no fat diet and 1000 calories a day.  I eat my fill of whatever protein I want regardless of portion size or caloric value...  as long as I'm not eating it on or with a carb, I'm good.  LOL!

I don't feel bound by food anymore.  That is an awesome feeling!

Corbin Y.
on 7/16/13 12:07 pm - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

You are doing wonderfully, Celtic Faery!   As a faery, you are definitely earning your wings, figuratively, and probably literally as well - I know they are beginning for me, too!  Great decision to do the surgery at your age - I wish I had done it a decade earlier myself!  A continuous process finding out what agrees with our new digestive systems and not.  You will eventually meet your goal with your great attitude!  I also think that what you write about would be quite instructive for people trying to decide between doing VSG alone, or adding the DS!  Keep up the great work!

celticfaery
on 7/17/13 2:35 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

Thank you for your kind words, Corbin!

I definitely have some faery wings going on now.  LOL!  I have gone over to the VSG board a few times to share my experience.  I used to be a permanent fixture on that page until I started regaining.  And it seemed as though I was the only one going through it.  Of course I know different now, but out of all the people I know who have regained some with the sleeve, I am the one *****gained the most.  117 lb regain.  So I do go back from time to time and share what I can so they see first hand what NOT to do.  This journey is too hard to have to go through it multiple times.  If I had learned my lesson the first time around, I wouldn't have been in that position.  And if I'd had any sense in this head 4 years ago, I'd have added the DS then instead of allowing my inability to commit to vitamins be the thing that stood in my way.  *shaking my head at that cause it seems so stupid now*  =)

This is the path I was meant to be on and I'm embracing each step along the way!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 461 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 896 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 301 views