9 months out Sleeve to DS (with pics!)

celticfaery
on 7/16/13 5:22 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

Lately, I've been so busy living life, I've donned the "lurker" status.  LOL! 

A little about me for those who don't know me.  I was sleeved in June 2007.  My highest weight was 425.  The lowest weight I got to with the sleeve was 236 and it took me 2 years to get there.  I stayed 236 for about 2 seconds before I started regaining again. I allowed myself to get back up to 353 before I went ahead with adding the DS.  I had been researching it for several years once I quit losing with the sleeve.  I have to say that my only regret was that I didn't just do it then.

In the last 9 months, I find that I am still learning and adjusting to what works and doesn't work with my DS.  Some weeks one thing will work and then it will stop working and I have to keep tweaking and find the next thing that works.  It's a constant thing.  I will say that my diet is much LESS restricted than when I just had the sleeve.  I consider myself a hyperabsorber whereas my body wants to hold on to every little thing that passes my lips.  Because of that, I really had to limit what I ate with the sleeve.  Low/no fat, low calorie, ultra low carb, no fruits, very few veggies - only greens, only lean proteins but no beef or pork.  This made long-term living with the sleeve nearly impossible for me.  I would get so burnt out on the few things I could eat, that eventually I'd just completely fall off the wagon and then struggle for months afterward to get back on.  It became a vicious yo-yo all over again.

During the last 9 months, I have had my doubts.  I wonder if I will make it to my goal weight with the DS.  I have been SMO for so long, it's hard to see that I could ever be close to a normal weight.  I'm 32 years old...  Only 5'2.  But I just keep hoping that if I do the right things, make the right choices, then eventually I will get there...  even if it takes 2 or 3 years. 

Regardless, I've made some huge progress already.  I still have a long way to go, but I'm moving in the right direction!

353  to  253

Heaviest weight in 2007 - 425

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

Huneypie
on 7/16/13 6:35 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Wow you're doing great!

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

celticfaery
on 7/17/13 1:57 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

Thanks, Huneypie!!!  I feel great too!

ANGELOJOS27
on 7/16/13 7:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

You look fantastic. I wish I new how to post pictures in the post. lol

Its a major difference in your face and body. You dress wonderful! I love the blazer.

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

celticfaery
on 7/17/13 2:11 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12

Thank you Angel!

I had the pictures posted somewhere else.  I went to them and right clicked on the picture to copy and then came back here and pasted it in where I was typing my update.  Another box came up and I had to paste it again in that little box and then click "OK."  Picture posted.  =)

Seeing the pictures side by side is really the only way I can see it.  My clothes are smaller, but I still feel HUGE even though I know I'm not.  Eventually my brain will catch up.  I always struggled with this last time too.  I know before, I didn't appreciate what I had accomplished.  So now, every pound is a celebration.  No matter how big I still feel.  lol!

I'm also learning how to dress my body instead of dressing how I want - baggy jeans and tee's.  I'm in a more professional position at work this time and have to dress the part.  I'm addicted to the blazers!!!  I just bought my third and I wear them with practically everything now.  LOL!  They are 3/4 sleeves so they aren't ridiculously dressy and they are wonderful for hiding my faery wings (aka bingo wings).  I have a very large pani that I struggle with hiding sometimes so trying to find shirts that are long enough or dresses that don't hug at it is tough.  Finding bottoms that fit right pose a problem too. 

But like everything else...  It's a work in progress! 

ANGELOJOS27
on 7/17/13 7:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

I agree. I love to see before and after or progression pictures. It gives me hope that I will make it to goal... I still feel big but I can sit better, walk better, breathe better, SEX better.

I've always tried to dress good because it s the only thing that I had to look forward too. Hair, makeup, HUGE EXPENSIVE clothes. But now... I get to shop at not so expensive plus size sections now and getting dressed is so much fun... I totally feel you!

I have a big panny too and my legs are really skinny so finding flattering bottoms is a real struggle.. My panny itches like crazy and I probably make it raw by scratching it... anyways I just deal with the panny because i dont like slimmers to much. I live in phoenix and its way to hot to wear one during the summer. so I wear a lot of dresses...

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

SoonToBeSkinnyMinni
e

on 7/22/13 1:37 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Ok, I'm a newbie on the site! What's a pain? And what are bingo wings???

SoonToBeSkinnyMinni
e

on 7/22/13 1:57 pm - Brooklyn, NY

I meant *panny/pani

celticfaery
on 7/22/13 2:02 pm - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12
The panni is a large apron of skin that hangs off the abdomen. Bingo wings is the flabby skin left hanging off the arms.

SoonToBeSkinnyMinni
e

on 7/22/13 10:25 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Oh, I'm super looking forward to that! Lol ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 308 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views