Big fat FAILURE!

starlightlu
on 7/30/13 7:18 am - Canada

So damned frustrated..... 3 mths post op and only down 50 lbs. I lose about 5-7 bs in one week then stall for at least 3. Get my period and put on 3-4 lbs then start backwards again to lose. I know I,ve ranted about my slow weightloss before but I'm starting to think that I'll be one of those failure statistics. Sad.

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Julie R.
on 7/30/13 7:32 am - Ludington, MI

Uh....this is SLOW weight loss?  What are you expecting?

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

MajorMom
on 7/30/13 7:40 am - VA

Hang in there, you're 10 pounds ahead of where I was at 3 months post-op.  : )

Many of lose in stair step mode, or up a little, down a little more. I know it's frustrating. Try to avoid the scale for a week and see what happens.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

CPA_Loser
on 7/30/13 8:15 am - WA
Honestly seems like your expectations are not realistic. 50 pounds in 3 months?! That's a lot of weight! Like 10 - 5 pound bags of sugar! From everything I have read, you are ahead of many others!! Just be patient and stick to the plan. You will continue to do well
kathy215
on 7/30/13 9:18 am
I understand your frustration but you lost 50 pounds in 3 months. When have you ever lost that much before. I think we all expect the weight to fall off instantly. You will lose. You will have plenty of stalls. But you will reach your goal. Try not to be so hard on yourself.
fullhousemom
on 7/30/13 9:26 am

I would like to think that this is spam.

Your starting bmi was 39.1 according to your profile.  You are doing beyond fabulous.  I don't know what your expectations were, but keep doing what your doing...

starlightlu
on 7/30/13 12:27 pm - Canada

Hi, I'm not sure why but my starting BMI was 47.5. I must have mistyped or miscalculated on my profile and I can't seem to correct it.. My start weight was 260 at 5'2. Anyhow I do appreciate your encouragement cuz I somehow feel like I'm not losing enough (considering how painful it is to eat and I basically eat VERY little); So little I figure I need to melt. But I'm sure that's one of my issues right now; i don't think I eat enough and get enough liquids.

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

fullhousemom
on 7/30/13 12:47 pm

Even with your higher bmi, you are still doing great!  As a lightweight, I continued to lose until around a year and four months.  Some continue to lose for up to two years.  

Many times I thought my weight was stabilizing.....170.....150.......I have finally settled at 135 for the last few months.  You WILL be successful with this.   You are still at a frustrating part of your journey with food and liquids, like you mentioned.  Focus on that and not the scale.  I promise you the scale will take care of itself!

So relax, try and have some "fun" with this.  And yes, congrats for your great success so far!

Caligurl99
on 7/30/13 9:31 am

50 pounds in 3 months is amazing. I would think anything else would be very unrealistic with any surgery.

dustycroy
on 7/30/13 9:34 am
DS on 05/14/13

This is a quote I read on here that I repeat to myself when I feel like you do.  "ITS A MARATHON NOT A SPRINT"  Follow the rules, and it will come off.  Ever since Ive read this it has helped me soooo much.....  Patience is the key to ANY weight loss....  It is going to take time.  I always think, Time is what I have plenty of.  What else have I got to loose....?  You can do it!  Stay positive!  GOOD LUCK!

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 299 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views